586,469 active members*
2,942 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > BobCad-Cam > BobCad draws the crowd!
Page 6 of 7 4567
    I reread his question, and I think we're all on the wrong page. He wants to open his .cnc file, but I wasn't thinking that that's not the g-code file. He needs to post his g-code and load that into his controller. I don't think he's doing that.
    Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html

Mach3 2010 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Piet had his bobcad set-up to save the g-code as a .cnc this is bobcad native format for code.He can save code any way he wants in bobcad but that a software set up issue

Quote Originally Posted by lakeside View Post
    Piet had his bobcad set-up to save the g-code as a .cnc this is bobcad native format for code.He can save code any way he wants in bobcad but that a software set up issue

Mike is correct for what Piet needs. The setup of BCC is or may be different than most software and this is a common problem that users have in the begining steps.
    Toby D.
    "Imagination and Memory are but one thing, but for divers considerations have divers names"
    Schwarzwald

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

www.refractotech.com

Good evening Gentlemen,
    My thanks to all of you sorting this out. I get somewhat lost with the prhases and meanings so.... Once more correct me if I am wrong.
    1) Draw in Rhino , save as *.iges.or stl or dxf
    2) Open *.iges in BCC as solid, select all, open cam, select 3d, select tool, generate code, select all, select tool, save as *.tap.
    3) Open *.tap in wincnc and simulate to trace errors?

Thank you Gentlemen, I wonder why there is such a vast amount of file extensions. This one talks to that one, while that one will maybe talk to the other one and the other one simply ignores everybody else and marches west. Sorting out the threads of where to go with my file under my arm is hairraising. Maybe someone should design a file with a flow chart of what to do with ones manufacturing files once they have been created? Call it "File extensions and where to go with them explained for dummies" A quick reference by your combined knowledge, gentlemen, would put most lecturers and software developers to shame!
    Best regards,
    Piet propeller

Well I say you have it figure out Peit. This is why Bobcad put the set-up page on cam side. Your right it is mind blowing setting up software to talk to each other. Some software can't even open up newer version of them themselves in an iges format. Have fun with your shopbot and post some photo of your first prop when done. Take Bobcad version 21 It will not read bobnedt v1 only bobnest v2

Quote Originally Posted by Piet propeller View Post
    Good evening Gentlemen,
    My thanks to all of you sorting this out. I get somewhat lost with the prhases and meanings so.... Once more correct me if I am wrong.
    1) Draw in Rhino , save as *.iges.or stl or dxf
    2) Open *.iges in BCC as solid, select all, open cam, select 3d, select tool, generate code, select all, select tool, save as *.tap.
    3) Open *.tap in wincnc and simulate to trace errors?

Thank you Gentlemen, I wonder why there is such a vast amount of file extensions. This one talks to that one, while that one will maybe talk to the other one and the other one simply ignores everybody else and marches west. Sorting out the threads of where to go with my file under my arm is hairraising. Maybe someone should design a file with a flow chart of what to do with ones manufacturing files once they have been created? Call it "File extensions and where to go with them explained for dummies" A quick reference by your combined knowledge, gentlemen, would put most lecturers and software developers to shame!
    Best regards,
    Piet propeller
    If you look up the file extentions on the Internet you will find that IGES (International Graphics Exchange) and a few others were designed with your thoughts in mind. Waht happened is that over the years upgrades to each file extention things got messy.

I prefer to use DXF, STEP, SLDPRT, and DWG for extentions because of the quality. Iges have so many revisions that this day and age it is almost impossible to get a workable drawing or solid. BTW: BCC has the best Translaters in the business. I speak from 19 years of CAD Experience. Before all the "mumbojumbo" we have today.(wedge)

:cheers:
    Toby D.
    "Imagination and Memory are but one thing, but for divers considerations have divers names"
    Schwarzwald

www.refractotech.com

Hi I'm new here and would like to know if bobcat is any good

Quote Originally Posted by zonehead View Post
    Well that depends on your application and what type of machining you do. Try a demo at www.bobcad.com you can also get a live demo of the software. Call Chad Clark at 877-262-2231 Ext. 124

BTW: welcome to CNC Zone, do you like Beer? :cheers:
    Toby D.
    Schwarzwald

www.refractotech.com

I consider Bobcad the best in it's price range for the applications it can do. But like Toby said, It counts on your application. You need to consider all you wish to do and then ask about that type of application.

Bobcad has many features that more expensive software has and Version 22 will be out in a few months with many new features.

Check out the bobcad forum http://www.bobcad.com and also the one Sorin has (trainer for Bobcad) http://cadcamtrainer.com/forums/index.php

Sorin has free training videos for Bobcad users.

Is BCC any good?

I bought BOBcad one month ago and slowly but surely with the extended help from the intellects in the CNCzone you can't go wrong. I have plagued them with endless horrendous questions and NOT one has come up with a smirky snickering answer. Each answer makes sense, straightforward and easy to understand and if you combine these genltemens answers with your training CD's you have the best of both worlds.
    Piet propeller

Thanks for the kind words Piet. We try:idea:
    Toby D.
    Schwarzwald

www.refractotech.com

didn't have much at IMTS this year
    FORD = First On Race DAy

Quote Originally Posted by fjd View Post
    didn't have much at IMTS this year
    Did you visit the BCC Booth?
    Toby D.
    Schwarzwald

www.refractotech.com

Quote Originally Posted by tobyaxis View Post
    Did you visit the BCC Booth?
    spent 40 mins there didn't need to spend more than 5 from my point of view
    FORD = First On Race DAy

Please tell us what was the waste of time? I have heard nothing but good things about ver 22. Was there a downside to the new version that I haven't heard about?

Hay you guys!!
    Iam running ver 20.5 still learning how to use cnc/cad/cam/ect iam a tinker, don't have a shop and am not a machinest. with that said, can one of you guys post a simple code for say a gear with angled teath using x,y,z and a axes. just to see what it looks like in bcc. sometimes seeing how it done gives a mind ideas
    Thanks
    Mike

I'm a bit curious. What was so disappointing? I'm sorry to hear that you didn't like what you saw but please don't wreck it for everyone else. Are you a BCC user or just thread crashing?
    Toby D.
    Schwarzwald

www.refractotech.com

Quote Originally Posted by tobyaxis View Post
    I'm a bit curious. What was so disappointing? I'm sorry to hear that you didn't like what you saw but please don't wreck it for everyone else. Are you a BCC user or just thread crashing?
    Seems like Gibbs to me

Question New To BC, and New to CNCzone

I just ordered The BobCad 21 and mill art. I use mastercam now but can't do any 3d on it. I am hoping that the BobCad is easy to work with and learn.
    I have a Haas VF2 machining center. I do mostly medical work. But I am interested in the art to part that you talk about in your forum. Cant wait to get it and try it out.

Quote Originally Posted by Cam-Cam View Post
    Seems like Gibbs to me

BCC writes their own Software. They do not sell 3rd Party. Gibbs is a 3rd Party just like the rest.

BCC has nothing to do with Gibbs.:nono:
    Toby D.
    Schwarzwald

www.refractotech.com

Page 6 of 7 4567