586,119 active members*
3,586 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Effect of T0 (tool offset cancel)

In Camsoft CNCProfessional v14.7, when a lathe tool call is made, the current Horz and Vert offset amounts can be seen to be implemented immediately on the axis displays. This is fine by me.

Now, to undo that effect, a T0 in the program works perfectly, that is the displays revert back to the axis positions with no offsets applied.

My question is this: is it possible to mimic the effect of the T0 command within a logical statement of some sort, other than actually keying it in, in mdi?

In a similar vein, is there a way to force the Axes Displays into absolute display mode via a logical command? I wish to ensure that when using the READOUT command, that the proper axis display mode is in use.
    First you get good, then you get fast. Then grouchiness sets in.

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

In the current version the logic commands are:

ABSCODE =Axes Displays into absolute display mode
    TOOLPARAM OFF logic command equivalent of T0

Ah yes, ABSDISP, that sounds familiar Its been a while for me.

I wasn't sure if TOOLPARAM OFF had deeper tentacles into the logic than what it might seem.

Thanks.

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Mr agentsmith you are wrong. Mr huflungdung is right.
    It is the ABSDISP command to change the readout. The ABSCODE changes the G code like G90.

I use small case t=0 in code instead of TOOLPARAM OFF

Carlo

Thanks Carlo, I'll try the t=0 since TOOLPARAM OFF does not seem to do quite what I want.

Yes, t=0 within the logic works perfectly, and the display readouts respond immediately as well.