586,510 active members*
3,288 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Threaded View

Jason 3:Yes an SC 77..And I was able to trace the circut. They use a real complicated
    VFD with a transformer that reduces 230 3 phase to 120 3 phase, but use up to 660 Hz (max) ! Thats how they bump the spindle to 40,000 rpm. I doubt that I can find a resonable priced VFD for this , so I'm must make the old VFD work , at least for the HS spindle. The regular spindle can use a late model VFD, but also requires cooling . The heat exchanger is "Missing in Action", so I'm fabricating a chiller, using the Cabnet AC, a small pump and an old AC condensor.

Really appreciate your offer of info,can you scan and email? If there is any expense involved, just email me and I will reimburse. Again, thanks

N4NV: Yes, the entire machine is in a "Pan"(welded and glassed together) approx. 8' x
    12', then we walled in just 4' x 12', approx 1/2 half of the machine actually in the wet zone. No leaks so far. The wet area holds approx 120 gals of coolant, that is circulated and filtered. I also bought an E Bay skimmer, so after I'm through for the day, I turn on the skimmer, and most of the tramp oil is picked up. ( I really oil this old machine, need it to last awhile.)

Pictures may help you.

Adobe ( Old as Dirt)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails jsw_inside_tree_enclosure_006.jpg   jsw_inside_tree_enclosure_001.jpg   jsw_inside_tree_enclosure_002.jpg   jsw_inside_tree_enclosure_005.jpg