586,070 active members*
3,487 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > Uncategorised CAM Discussion > Procam Ii Post For Mazak Integrex

Procam Ii Post For Mazak Integrex

Anybody have one or used procam to program an Integrex
    DB34

Hi Brocd,

You have one of those ? I was just looking through the sales borchure last week, not that I am hot for one. But, it looks like a heck of a unit, if you have the work suited for it.

So how is it? Is it "handy" to run, or difficult? What is the approximate cost?
    First you get good, then you get fast. Then grouchiness sets in.

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

INTEGREX

Not yet.Just trying to get the jump on any programming problems ahead of time and try to decide if the Procam software we are using is suitable for this type of machine.
    DB34

i dont know about the cam question but my company has an integrex and i love it! im the only person that can do any programming or setups of the machine so i get to play with it all the time... programming on the mazatrol front end is very easy but for any B (milling) axis contouring you have to 1) have the option for the .001 or .0001" B axis movement (depending on which model [i.e. 100y, 200y-II etc) and 2) use G code. other than that, angular milling, 5 face machining, C axis contouring... dirt simple... even did gear hobbing with it we got ours from an expo center with one year of abuse on it (had to have a lot of parts replaced... thank god for warranties) and a GL75 robot with flip over station... US $140,000

Hey Brocd,
    We have Mazaks in the shop, we do not have an integrex but we might be considering one depending on the budget. We like Mazaks machines.

You mention Powercam. I am not sure if Powercam supports Mazatrol or not (I do not think it does) and I believe that is why you were asking about G-Code.

We use MazaCAM and you might want to check them out before you buy the machine. They might be able to help you. That is the software we use for our Mazaks and it works fine for our machines. I know they do support the integrex but you might as well chek them out since you are just preparing yourself.

Let us know what you decide

Im not too sure mazacam or geopath support the integrex as far as mazatrol MT goes... as of right now i think griffo brothers and mazak camware are the only two CAM systems that offer mazatrol programming of the integrex series... you can use mastercams lathe program to do mill/turn stuff but its all in G code... anybody who has programmed an integrex will probably feel much more at home with either the camware or just programming on the floor... honestly, its easier to program a part on the integrex than it is to actually set up the tooling which can, in itself, be a real PITA...

Actually, I called SolutionWare myself in regards to the integrex machine and they told me they support it in Mazatrol and EIA format. They said they can program it directly in Mazatrol or from a CAD drawing straight to Mazatrol or G-Code.
    Basically simialr to the way we do it now for our other Mazaks. They said they have had this option for the last 2 years or so.

Thanks guys.
    DB34

well thats news to me... i contacted them prior to getting an integrex personally i think if youre considering one, try programming the mazatrol at the control first because you would be surprised at how easy it is to program right at the control... dont blow another 5-6 grand on a CAM system for one machine... unless you can just get a module for like $1000... im one of the only people in NJ that knows how to program that machine which is how i landed the app engineer job at mori seiki im gonna be in charge of their integrex rip off line called the MT lol... i have a plethora of parts at my house that i made on the integrex but none of the more complex stuff... boss wouldnt let me take that stuff home but if anybody has any ?s regarding the integrex or any other mazak machines feel free to ask... ive been working with mazatrol for years and ive programmed everything from a prehistoric cam m2 to the m, t and mt 640 controls

brocd... integrex programming is dirt simple so i dont think youll ever have any trouble with it... get the machine youll thank yourself in the morning... DEFINATELY go with a subspindle machine though its a lot more money but a lot more versatile... we have a single spindle with a GL 75 gantry and i curse the day that machine was built every time i look at that tailstock