586,106 active members*
3,134 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Community Club House > Bought our Wedding Rings!

Bought our Wedding Rings!

Yup, that's right - big day is September 20th! :banana:

Cool part (well, one of many) is that my ring is Tungsten/Carbide! Shouldn't have to worry about damaging this bad boy!

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)
    Check Out My Build-Log: http://www.cnczone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6452

Well, that makes sense if you would rather lose a finger than lose a ring. As far as I can tell, the ring cutter we carry on our ambulance is made of HSS or some such.

If you were to injure your finger (say it got in the way when your air bag deployed), it might swell so much that the ring would interfere with circulation. Our ring cutter would remove it in a few minutes if it were made of gold. Titanium would be a bit harder to remove.

Finding a diamond wheel to remove a carbide ring might be a bit of a problem for an emergency room doctor.

Lots of luck on the wedding. My wife and I celebrated 35 years in June.

Ken
    Kenneth Lerman
    55 Main Street
    Newtown, CT 06470

Quote Originally Posted by JavaDog View Post
    Yup, that's right - big day is September 20th! :banana:

Cool part (well, one of many) is that my ring is Tungsten/Carbide! Shouldn't have to worry about damaging this bad boy!
    Congratulations, JavaDog. May your marriage be loving, long and prosperous.

Did you make your Tungsten/Carbide wedding band, or did you find it at a jewelers? Way cool if you made it! Just plain cool if you bought it.

Again, Congrats! :banana:
    HayTay

Don't be the one that stands in the way of your success!

Quote Originally Posted by lerman View Post
    Well, that makes sense if you would rather lose a finger than lose a ring. As far as I can tell, the ring cutter we carry on our ambulance is made of HSS or some such.

If you were to injure your finger (say it got in the way when your air bag deployed), it might swell so much that the ring would interfere with circulation. Our ring cutter would remove it in a few minutes if it were made of gold. Titanium would be a bit harder to remove.

Finding a diamond wheel to remove a carbide ring might be a bit of a problem for an emergency room doctor.

Lots of luck on the wedding. My wife and I celebrated 35 years in June.

Ken
    Yeah, that is one thing that concerned me. Although, the Jewler said that the ring could be shattered with a hard blow from a hammer?

Wow, 35 years - that is awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by HayTay View Post
    Congratulations, JavaDog. May your marriage be loving, long and prosperous.

Did you make your Tungsten/Carbide wedding band, or did you find it at a jewelers? Way cool if you made it! Just plain cool if you bought it.

Again, Congrats! :banana:
    Thanks! No, it came from a jewler. Would be pretty cool to turn/cast your own rings though, wouldn't it?
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)
    Check Out My Build-Log: http://www.cnczone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6452

Javadog
    Congrads! Watch spoiling her with to much jewelery. I told my wife I would buy her rings as soon as I knew it would last. Been married 36 years, maybe this is the year.
    Then again that money would buy a lot of cnc stuff.
    Congrads and the best to both of you
    mike

Best of luck to you. Just passed 20 years here. My best advice is "Surrender to it". No walls, no boundaries,...just surrender to it.

Jeez Joe, the 20th is right around the corner! Congrats in advance. If you play your cards right you can be playing with little Joe junior next Summer! Keep in touch...

Lance

Congats, Java!

I tied the 'not' in July despite saying that I would never do that again!

Congrats and best wishes!

Scott
    Consistency is a good thing....unless you're consistently an idiot.

Congrats. I also will be taking the plunge myself in about 5 months. Like my boss said nobody can be happy forever.

hmm the ring can be shattered with a hard blow from a hammer and what about your finger underneath???

Ben

Nice rings Javadog, best of wishes to you and
    your wife !
    Dennis

Quote Originally Posted by plexer View Post
    hmm the ring can be shattered with a hard blow from a hammer and what about your finger underneath???

Ben
    The sacrifices you have to go through for the one you love.....

Consistency is a good thing....unless you're consistently an idiot.

Congrats JavaDog!
    Hope your wedding day goes well, I just got married on May 20th this year. My ring is made of Tungsten/Carbide also. They said it was really hard to scratch, and since I work in wood working that really appealed to me. Again congrats on the wedding!!
    Robbie

Congrats JavaDog!

Been married 7 years, and it has only gotten better since that first day in May. We are now 5 strong since the addition of our third son one year ago.

God Bless, and with that blessing, you may never need to smash that ring man!

Andrew

Congratulations to both of you! :banana:

As for myself, can't seem to find a lady that'll put up with my 'quirks'; guess that prototype is still on the assembly line...

Many happy returns!

:wee:

Your ring made out of tungsten carbide so is my leg shackle and ball and chain!

has anyone out there made their own engagement/wedding rings? that would be uber cool!