586,104 active members*
3,387 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

PC Fusion 640T - fdd problem

Hello,
    i've this problem on PC Fusion 640T: i cannot read FD. Starting machine fdd led is always on, and when in win95 i try to open fd i receive error "drive not ready error". I've tryed to change FDD with another but the problem is the same.
    Do you know what i can do to resolve this problem?
    Thank you to all.
    Nicola

Call your Mazak tech. support office.

I know this is a dumb question but.... Did you put a disk in it? Also, check the hardware manager to make sure Windows "sees" the drive...
    It's just a part..... cutter still goes round and round....

in control panel I see Fdd standard controller, and 2 FD Drive.
    Yes i've used some FD to try....

It should not lite the lite unless it is in use. If it's on all the time, either the drive or the the drive controller is bad (possibly the mother board to). If you go to control panel/device manager in the windows side of your 640T control you should be able to determine which. This would be basicaly the same as one would do to troubleshoot any other pc's drive.

Seems to me I had that problem when 'building computers' back a few years Possibly the ribbon cable is plugged in upside down? Some of those connectors had no keys, so it was possible to make this mistake. I can't remember if the same thing was possible with the power leads or not.
    First you get good, then you get fast. Then grouchiness sets in.

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Angry

Fdd Calbe has the insrting key. For check i've used the FDD of my computer (is fully funtionally). Isn't a problem of FD, i've used 4 or 5 different FD. i cannot format FDD too.
    Nicola