Just thought I would say hello.
Is it OK to be a member here if you have absolutely no desire to build a cnc router from scratch?
I live in Melbourne and have a small workshop with a couple of cnc lathes.
One is an Emco 5 PC, the other is a Hercus 200 PC, I also run a centre lathe with 1-1/2" through the headstock.
The main use for these machines is making gas mixers for auto gas conversions (and yes at the moment another Hercus would be handy).

My main interest in cnc lathes is that they do the job and keep on doing it, unfortunately neither of my lathes has the same interest.
The Emco is inaccurate because it loses steps and the Hercus keeps giving me turret problems. Must admit that even though they are just tools to do a job, the Hercus is a nice machine when the turret behaves.

I have been writing code for about 2 years now and I have to thank the old Emco (dos based) software for teaching whatever I have learned, it was a bit of a shock when the Hercus turned up and was able to use M codes.
I can't draw with either program, I just import a dxf file and use the cam part of the software to write the code required

Anybody else here run either an Emco or Hercus PC lathe? (I know you all have at least one cnc router)

Nigel