586,096 active members*
3,004 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thread: Robocutters?

Angry Robocutters?

Has anyone had any dealings with a company called Robocutters? They have a very attractive ad for what looks to be a redsail M500 on ebay and the text goes into describing how knowledgeable they are and quick to answer/support you they will be in the future. I happen to be about 30 minutes from the warehouse here in Kentucky so I called the number in the ad to speak to their US rep. WOW what a let down. She went on and on and on about how she doesn't have time to look into things right now to answer my questions. That all of her inventory is sealed up in some in-accessible location and has been since Last thanksgiving because their new facility is still being built. She kept telling me about some guy in the UK who can answer all of my questions BUT I have to email him and wait for his response to set up a conversation??? I'm so upset over this call right now because the machine is dead on what I want.

CO2 Desktop Laser Cutter ENGRAVER Engraving Machine 60W with USA Warranty | eBay

Re: Robocutters?

you can post what your machine problems, maybe somebody will help you
    Lucy Lee G.WEIKE LASER
    [email protected]

Sounds like there is know inventory to me. I would never deal with any company that claims to be selling a product that's in stock but no you can't see it. If it's for sale on eBay it's obviously accessible or should be. Most likely when you pay them they will have a machine shipped to you from China. If they won't allow you to come pick it up from 30 minutes away don't deal with them.

Ben

Is the machine I'm looking at a decent machine? Say I choose to buy it elsewhere?

Usually we manufacture machine according orders, so no in stock, so maybe this is the question

Quote Originally Posted by TSSemblems View Post
    Is the machine I'm looking at a decent machine? Say I choose to buy it elsewhere?
    Lucy Lee G.WEIKE LASER
    [email protected]

I spent quite a lot of money with Robocutters and have had a fairly poor time of it.

I ordered quite alot of v-trak extrusion, along with a bunch of hardware, screws, etc. - over US$1000.

I received the extrusions, but it was incomplete.

I received a parcel of hardware, but it was incomplete/incorrect.

I have tried to maintain a dialogue with the owner, Colin, but he takes a very long time between emails to respond - and the tone of his last email was 'well why can't you use what I sent you' - well, Colin, because it wasn't what I ordered.

It is now more than a month since I ordered and I haven't heard from him for 10 days or so. I don't know what's happening about my missing extrusions or hardware - in the meantime I ordered some replacements from OpenBuilds in the US. They came in a few days. But I am still stuck, waiting for hardware. Can't complete my machine build.

My recommendation for doing business with Robocutters is probably libelous.

I just looked at your ebay link - the company I am dealing with is Robocutters UK. Don't know if it is the same one.

OPLaser support forum ? View topic - New UK Dealers, Is My Money Safe

If stuff sounds too good to be true it usually is, I know most of the dealers in the UK and I've never heard of Robocutters neither has any of my members.

cheers

Dave