Hello Folks.
:drowning:
I am struggling to work out how to load parameter values (for the first time ever) into a Heidenhain TNC150 fitted to a Bridgeport Interact2. Series II milling machine. I do not have the parameters on tape or disc as backup.

I am trying to load the parameters manually, but when I enter certain data, it is not reading on the TNC screen exactly as I entered it.

The following are a selection and examples from the parameter values I have on record for this machine :

+6.5
+0.000
+30000.000

As you can see, we have a 0 and 0.000 and also +0.000. Some other values also have a - (minus/positive) shown and others 1,2, or 3 decimal places.

My problem is that when I key in .017 exactly as shown on the parameter record, it reads out on the screen as +0.017, and/or when I key in 0.73 it reads out as 0.730 both of which as I see it are not the actual values being asked for.

I know how to change from - to + but dont know how to stop a value reading out as - / + or have too many decimal places when I dont want that.
Would anyone know what I am doing wrong, or should I accept the readout as being ok even though it is not what I keyed in?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thank you.

Luscombe Dave.