so i saw a whole bunch of ball nose bits on ebay going for £50 and still learning about cnc'ing and having broken quite a few bits i thought it would be a good deal as the bits had only been used on aluminum and looked to be in quite good condition

a few weeks go by and i get the slip to collect the bits .....

so i get to the post office and the guy hands over this little box and as he places it on the table i hear this chatter of bits :-( yup you guessed it .... he just chucked all the bits in a box and posted them off with no protection from the UK to South Africa 10k kilometers plus !

not one bit is okay , they have ALL been chipped to pieces !! the one bit was even snapped ! when i opened the box i got a hand full of sharp little shards

so naturally i reply to the guy and he says i have an attitude, here is my mail

Hello
I have just received the package and i must say i am bitterly disappointed .....
because of the packaging, i think just about every bit is now useless.
they have chattered against each other and have chipped
when i opened the box i turned the box upside down and inbetween my fingers i could feel all the little sharp chips
i can send them back to you, and you can decide for yourself ? or i can send a few high res photos if you like >?
they are in no ways usable, and from the picture on ebay you can see there are NO chips on ANY of the cutters, they look in great condition ! if a little bit of tape was used to tape each one together there would have been no problem.
please advise
Thanks

and his reply

Hi
Firstly I find your attitude rather disturbing, we always endeviour to work with our customers to resolve issues amicably.
With regards to the packaging, we know full well that everything was secure VERY SECURE, we will however enquire with the delivery service involved to see if there is a possibility of compensation, as for know if you wish to send photos you may do so
Regards

my next reply as follows

Hi xxxx

I'm sorry you have taken offense
I have tried to simply stick to the fact's by making statements.
This is not a postal problem, I don't see how it's their fault ?
The reason the bits are ruined is because there was no form of protection between them
Please forward a contact email address for some pictures
I will also open a PayPal dispute
Regards

and his reply

Hi
With regards to packaging we know full well there was no way damage could occur and considering the distance the parcel had to travel we would have been fools not to package correctly
we are in the process of looking at reimbursement, but should you wish to go to disputes we will cancel this process
as for emails I cannot forward this to you via ebay which you should know
we would like to resolve this amicably but will not be dictated to
regards

my reply

Hello xxxx

Im sorry you feel i am dictating to you
please let me know the outcome of reimbursement procedure ...
i am going to attach a random picture to see if you can receive it, if so i
will take some high quality pictures
the picture is of a
motorcycle

Thanks

then he went quiet for a month .... after saying he would get back to me shortly

he offered a £30 refund ......

and now he wants to be spiteful and wants me to send him a bunch of junk to waste my money !

have i been out of line ?