586,105 active members*
3,280 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

JCut-6090 initial set - looking for help

I just took delivery of a JCut-6090A with the Mach3 controller and 2.2kW spindle. As far as I can tell, the only instructions are screen captures of the Mach3 setup parameters.

The box contained some micro-switches, which I assume are intended as limit switches, but where do they go and how are they wired?
    A pendant e-stop would be nice - any suggestion where to wire that?

More generally, any guidance on getting this machine up and running is welcome. Sure would hate to blow out something on the first try due to carelessness or stupidity. Has anyone posted a startup guide? Google turned up nothing for me.

Re: JCut-6090 initial set - looking for help

Hi Llaves,

I hope you get support for this as I'm about to order one of these and will probably need the same support.

Aren't JCUT able to offer support for these queries? Mandy from JCUT posts on here "chinacut" why dont you message her here also? Its in their interest to be seen to be helpful.. She seems very helpful from my point of view so far so i'm sure she will assist all she can.

JQ

I got my machine up and running. The main hang-up was the spindle because the set-up screens on the jcut disk contain errors. In addition, if you want the spindle to turn CCW in response to an M4 command, it's not even wired correctly (it's only one wire that has to be added).

Once you get your machine, send me a PM and I'll send you my Mach3 configuration file (assuming you order a Mach3 machine).

Mandy does indeed try to be helpful, but it seems they have limited knowledge of the actual operation of the machines, though they did eventually get me the correct setup screens.

And one of these days I'll try to writeup my notes into a short guide.

Quote Originally Posted by Llaves View Post
    I got my machine up and running. The main hang-up was the spindle because the set-up screens on the jcut disk contain errors. In addition, if you want the spindle to turn CCW in response to an M4 command, it's not even wired correctly (it's only one wire that has to be added).

Once you get your machine, send me a PM and I'll send you my Mach3 configuration file (assuming you order a Mach3 machine).

Mandy does indeed try to be helpful, but it seems they have limited knowledge of the actual operation of the machines, though they did eventually get me the correct setup screens.

And one of these days I'll try to writeup my notes into a short guide.
    Yes I am getting a Mach3 machine so I'll certainly take you up on that offer of the setup file..

JQ