586,069 active members*
3,446 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Fadal > cnc pocket milling subroutine problem

cnc pocket milling subroutine problem

Hey guys!

I am programming a simple print that basically only involves some simple pocket milling. I tried setting up a subroutine in my program for circular and rectangular pocket milling. The only way to test my program when using fadal specific codes is to plug my program directly into my fadal machine and run it in graphical mode since we only have haas simulators . I keep getting an error that states that the subroutine L99 that i am using for pocket milling is invalid. I am assuming that i set up my program wrong since i pulled the subroutine out of a fadal programing training manual. I will post my program and my blueprint, *could someone please tell me what i am doing wrong in my program when setting up my subroutine for pocket milling*. A little background on me, I am a 2nd year student in a 2 year program 1st year is manual and 2nd year is cnc. I am ahead in my class so i dont got much to go on.

thanks fellas i really appreciate it!

Re: cnc pocket milling subroutine problem

Not sure if this went through or not. Add in a tool diameter into the tool table. That should take care of your problem. (verify at the top of the scree if the tool table is set up as diameter or radius. It is usually diameter, but it can be changed)