586,384 active members*
3,641 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Did I fry my servo amplifiers?

I have an anilam 3300mk with glentek servo amplifiers. DC brushed system with tach.
    I attempted to use it last night and two of my amps have no lights on. Tried swapping drives and it follows the drive.
    Trying to figure out what happened. Earlier in the day i needed to move the table but didnt want to fire it up, so I had the bright idea to put a drill on the handles. Could this have fried something?
    What doesnt add up is the z and y are not working. I used the drill on x and y.
    Freaking out, need the machine running! Cant imagine what it will cost for glentek to repair.
    If you try to make everything idiot proof, someone will just breed a better idiot!

Re: Did I fry my servo amplifiers?

good chance u fried them.

IF I understand, you put a drill on something and BACKFED the mechanics so the motors rotated. Assuming you rotated them FASTER than they normally go, you would have generated more than normal voltage back to DC bus of the power supply feeding ALL drives, again, assuming you have ONE power supply feeding all buses.

So yes, it could have blown any or all drives.

perhaps if you list part nos of the glenteks someone here may have some they can sell you cheaper than repairs?

Re: Did I fry my servo amplifiers?

I think the speed was probably around rapid speed, but i dont think it was much faster. Yes it is one bus supply to all drives. I tested all of the output mosfets on one of the drives and they seemed to be fine. Thats about the extent of stuff i can test in there.
    They are SMA7215-200-1
    thanks!