587,035 active members*
2,846 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > WoodWorking Machines > DIY CNC Router Table Machines > Air-cooled Square Spindle 2.2KW er25 spindles

Air-cooled Square Spindle 2.2KW er25 spindles

Hello..

wanted to post about the spindles I imported today. ended up getting 2 18000rpm 2.2KW 220V 10A 300Hz ER25 Air-cooled Square Spindle Motor from vipwindows_168 on ebay [email protected]

Wanted to confirm that these were sent very quickly by DHL from this seller and look to be of good/great quality. Chose these as they were dimensional equivalent to my existing units units purchased domesticly which I have 3, so with these I can continue to use my clamp on items like dust skirts and such with my next machine.

Units cam in less then 4 days and here are some pictures. so far I have spun them both up on my other VFD and both sounded as they should. The seller communicated status of the order and sent packing pictures before shipment and everything. So all in all was a good experience.

As you can see, they sent a nut wrench, connectors and also came with both 6mm and

I know people always ask who to buy from on ebay or other when importing, so hopefully this helps.

Pictures include a pic of one held up next to one of my other units which was a 2kw unit

Will report more on them later once I mount them up to the new machine

Re: Air-cooled Square Spindle 2.2KW er25 spindles

Did you consider the Hertz spindles from Turkey? About $100 cheaper on Ebay.
    Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html

Mach3 2010 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

One of my requirements was that they match in dimensions to my existing units (So my clamp on items and dust skirts and such fit) so from the looks of it the Hertz spindles would not do that. Although the Hertz spindles don't look to be fan cooled so might be slightly quieter? The Hertz spindles also don't appear to use the common type connector for power, although probably less of a down side to that as I can't recall the last time I ever unplugged one of mine after setting up (except for testing these new ones when they came in).

Hmmm Anyway I also considered the URGA spindles but while they do offer a ER25 version (least did) the snout didn't match the size of my exinsting unit (was smaller round) so my dust skirts would not be interchangiable).

Will consider those Hertz spindles next time perhaps..

b.

Also, The hole in the one styrofome package was done by customs (was covered by green customs tape). So they looked at this box anyway ..

b.

I've got a Hertz 2.2kw spindle.

It is fan cooled, and uses a junction box with a fixed cable on it.
    I have since replaced that junction box, and put in an IP67 connector to allow for quick removal.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2014-10-25 13.55.49.jpg  

Ok. Good to know. I didn't see the lower openings for air flow and couldn't see a top view to see fan

Either way newer to match dimensions more then anything else and not sure if the turkey ones expose the bearing more so then the others as they have the prelload disk covering the bearing

Hopefully ok to do so. but wanted to post contact info for the source of the spindles I got. This will make it more clear who the seller was and all.

Units looked great and work well so far. Units and bearings spin nice and seem like they should work well for a long time. i've had my other units for several years and never had to rebuild so hopefully these will last well to.

CNC Solution
    eBay store: http://stores.ebay.com/vipwindows-168
    Contact Person: Helen Lee
    E-mail: [email protected]
    Tel: 0086-755-82546545

I have a hertz 2.2 as well and the thing is awesome to say the least. Never gets hot running for 4+ hours.
    One thing I noticed on your spindle is there is no shoulder on the backside for mounting. I do like the hertz have a nice machined step allowing the spindle to 'key' into the Z-plate.

The bolt pattern on these are standard for the model. Pretty much all of this style use this same bolt pattern. (although one of the 2 I got had 4 extra holes off set from the normal) My earlier routers of this type used to only have the 4 holes. Later they added the 5th hole which in theory is for the alignment pin. But I don't use it. I've found they mount plenty solid with the regular holes. Course when making my mount plate I do the drilling and countersyncking of the holes for the plate on my CNC bridge port, so in theory they are perhaps more accurate and less needy of a key slot? who knows. They are true enough to the table for all I do.

I would try the hertz some day, but really rather have the compatiability of these to match the nose as I said so I can interchange all the items i have made that clamp on. like my dust skirts, and engraving head which clamp on when I use them.

b.

Quote Originally Posted by MI370 View Post
    I have a hertz 2.2 as well and the thing is awesome to say the least. Never gets hot running for 4+ hours.
    One thing I noticed on your spindle is there is no shoulder on the backside for mounting. I do like the hertz have a nice machined step allowing the spindle to 'key' into the Z-plate.
    So, anyone know where to get these Hertz spindles these days? eBay seems to be a bust.