586,100 active members*
2,708 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thread: Dyna Torch

Dyna Torch

www.dynatorch.com

Has anyone had any experience with these tables? I like the fact that they are servo drives, and the ATHC comes standard. Any help would be appreciated.

Edward Pic
    Ryno Mobility
    www.rynomobility.com

"Smart" Drives and software are all proproprietary. Means you cannot use any other Control software (ie MACH3, EMC, TurboCNC, Etc) to run from. If you don't like the way it works than it you will need to replace the entire drive train.
    There are a lot of servo solutions out there with a matching THC.

I have a Dynatorch - just getting it running now. No problems with the gantry or software, mainly just learning the tricks of cutting with a Plamsa. Damn steep learning curve!

Ours is being built now. We did have Les at sheetcam and Dynatorch work together for a post processor to use sheetcam. I also spent a full day changing the formatt and drawings for my company to use in sheetcam and Dynatorch software. Im waiting to see it arrive. Did you go up to the shop for free training? We are when ours comes. Email me and let me know how you like it and how it cuts.
    [email protected]
    Ed

I have been around the laser/plasmas, but have never run one. I bought the Enroute software that Dynatorch sells - it does some pretty amazing vector work, but it seems kinda quirky and complex (made for router use). I am finally starting to get a handle on it now, but it sounds like maybe you took the better software route. I ended up buying the air handler table from Dynatorch too - works great.

The biggest struggle for me is just trying to figure out the best parameters for cutting. I used to purchase my parts profiled with a high-def plasma, so I am struggling to get back to a similar quality with a regular plasma.

No training from Dynatorch other than phone support from Leon, which has been fabulous. Too bad I am not closer to their facility - I think a half day of hands-on would help me alot.

We went with sheetcam for the nesting and can set all the torch height, cut pattern, multi part ease. We are in Florida, but i am flying there for a day, seems the 390 it will cost will be worth it. Ill wait till the machine gets here to get the fine cut tips for the powermax 1000, and I am sure there will be some trial and error. But we cut the same parts over and over, so the sheetcam nesting with all the parts for 10 vehicles in one nice tap file will be good.
    Cant wait to hear more, and maybe you can give me some tips.

Ed

I did my research on the Dynatorch online, then ordered it without ever talking to anyone there - didn't know that they offered a hands-on training. Leon is great to work with, and seems to work about 18 hrs a day and 6 days per week. I am more than willing to offer any help I can. I will be interested to see how your training goes.

I too will be running a Dynatorch table before long, ( actualy will be converting my Torchmate table over). Plan is to re-use the extruded carage frame, linear slide and cable carriers. All other drive conponents I have purchased from Dynatorch.
    You wont here me slandering Torchmate here, the machine has done some amazing work up to a short time ago. A few conponents have crapped out and that got me thinking about improving the performance of the whole set up. I'm realy not upset about it as the machine provided me with several years of use in a shop full of dust , sometimes high humidty and from 30 below to 30 above temperature extremes. Not too bad at all for low cost CNC electronics.

Welcome to the Dynatorch club! Let me know if I can help with anything.
    Ric - Boss Frog

Welcome as well to the Dynatorch club....least we will have some contacts to bounce ideas and kerf-speed-torch height etc off each other..and you will never here me bash other tables homemade or not in here like some..to some if you dont build it yourself or use "their" product the rest arent worth anything....happy cutting!!!!
    oh by the way i bought a 5x10 with the powermax 1000...also got sheetcam and dynatorch to make a post processor file so we can use sheetcam...can email that if needed just let me know

Ed

Ed,

I too am ordering a DynaTorch table and I would love to use Sheetcam. If you are willing I would like to have that file. Could you email it to me?

Thanks
    Rick

Rick,
    Sure email me at [email protected] and ill attach it in the reply.