586,035 active members*
3,712 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thread: Ajax cnc10

Ajax cnc10

converted this mill in 2003. had only a couple problems with it over that time have made a lot of stuff. current problem is with the pc. linux 2.36 ssd it takes 5 minutes to load the program list. which is short. mill runs fine but i have not been able to figure out why this is happening. Any ideas. do i need to reinstall the software? which im not sure if i can with the ssd its a 1.8" flash drive which i got from ajax.

Thanks
    Todd

Re: Ajax cnc10

There are probably physical or file system errors on the Compact Flash card, though it is possible the problem is with the IDE Compact Flash adapter or with the IDE interface on the motherboard.

If you have the bootable install CD, and a CD-ROM drive connected to your system, then you can install the software onto a fresh Compact Flash card.

Once it is booting up with the new compact flash card, then you can restore Report files and program backups which you made off of the old card.

Thanks, i was looking through my stuff and i cant find a cd with 2.36 on it so not sure which way to turn at this point. looked on the ajax site and i dont find it there either. just the latest stuff which not compatible with my current pc.

Todd

you might want to check your bios settings..did they get reset?
    also, what is being displayed on the screen while it is taking the 5 minutes to boot?
    you could also do a disk check. more info on that here.. 10 Linux Fsck Command Examples to Check and Repair Filesystem

and here is the ajax link to linux based centroid software is here. along with instructions on how to update from anything older than 2.38 to the last linux version which was 2.72.

Ajax CNC Legacy Software | CNC Retrofit Control Systems for Milling machines, Routers and Lathes. Runs Mach3 or CENTROID Software

Thanks, got it working it was a bios setting.

Todd