586,051 active members*
3,686 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > Dolphin CAD/CAM > Any way to set all CAM contours at once? complex engrave run setup!

Any way to set all CAM contours at once? complex engrave run setup!

Is there a way in PMV12 CAM to have all the CNC contours for a CAM job selected into a run ? I want contour 1 thru 30 to be same tool, same depth, and pass count.
    So if you have 30 contours, is there any way to simply do a contour type entry for x = 1 to n (where n = last contour number as part of a go-around or repeat method? Moving all these contours around is getting tedious ;-)

I popped in a picture. I realize there is an Engraver routine and plenty of text... but I do some fairly odd engraving images w/ lot of contour runs. .. And the time involved w/ all these contours is getting to my fingers and eyeballs! Appreciate if someone can show me the way on this one.

On this one- It's a specific request on a specific type which I did w/ a few other tools.
    Attachment 255552

Re: Any way to set all CAM contours at once? complex engrave run setup!

Hello,

Yes, but it depends on how the Contours are created originally.

When you create contours in the CAD system, they are automatically assigned a Group Number - look in the Contour dialogue box below the Work surface and Depth windows. The default Group Number is 0.

Then, when you use the Goround command in CAM using the main operations toolbar at the bottom of the screen, (not the visual (black) menu on the right hand side), go to the Options Tab and select Machine all Contours with the same Group number. If you have say 30 Contours created then a single Goround command will machine them all with the same tool and with the same cut depth etc.

If you using CAD to create the Contours, you can assign a different group number to the Contours, you may want 10 Contours in Group 0 and 20 in Group 1 - you can then use the technique above to create 2 Goround command for each set of Contours.

If you are importing via DXF (into CAD or CAM) the Group number is assigned to all contours automatically, however, this can be changed in CAD or CAM. In CAD go to the NC Gallery ofn the top toolbar and change the Group number for the Contours, in CAM go to the top menu and select View > Geometry info and change the group numbers here.

Hope this clear.

ATB
    Andre

Re: Any way to set all CAM contours at once? complex engrave run setup!

Andre, Perfect!! thank you very much! LOVE the flexability of the product! pass that along to the gang please.