586,071 active members*
4,360 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Laser Engraving and Cutting Machines > Commercial Laser > Automation technologies lasers, any input?

Automation technologies lasers, any input?

I'm looking at CO2 Laser Cutter and Engraver With Auto Focus, Max 100W, RECI CO2 Glass Tube, Auto Focus, 35? x 24? | Automation Technology Inc

I'm wondering what your thoughts are? Anyone have experience with their lasers? I know I'm not gonna get the features of an epilog or other higher end machine, but at that price it is approachable.

Thanks

I ordered 2 lasers from automation technology and both are working well. They are not the cheap 40w newly draw junk but a step up in quality.

60W CO2 Laser Engraving Machine, auto focus 24? X 16? | Automation Technology Inc

The controllers are still a step below the awc608 and require a stupid dongle. The hardware is at least decent.
    http://www.glenspeymillworks.com Techno LC4896 - 2.2Kw Water Cooled Spindle | Moving Table Mill from Omis 3 CMM, 500Lb granite base | Epilog Legend 32 Laser Engraver

Re: Automation technologies lasers, any input?

Never worked with them specifically, but from a you want to do a lot of tinkering perspective that's what it's going to require. As long as your materials don't change a lot and you are primarily using it for cutting thin materials. The hard part about the chinese equipment is normally the parts required to keep it operating in peak condition as well as the regular tweaking required. Basically think of it as an old carburated car not made by the big 3.

Re: Automation technologies lasers, any input?

I bought the cheap K40 from them and did a Lightobject DSP conversion. The blower had the motor broken off of the plastic mounting studs from shipping and they gave me a little bit of a hard time getting out a replacement, but I did get the replacement in a few weeks. I also bought my Bridgeport CNC conversion motors and other stuff from them with no issues. Got a benchtop adustable power supply and it was defective and again had a hard time getting a new one, but got it eventually. Good prices, so so service.