586,414 active members*
3,370 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > Fanuc > Fanuc 6TB - Takisawa TS20 Motor Alarm on Startup w/ no code

Fanuc 6TB - Takisawa TS20 Motor Alarm on Startup w/ no code

Machine has been in operation for years. Machine operator shut down machine like normal tuesday night. Wednesday morning went to power on and the motor buzzer comes on as soon as the CRT turns on. It shows "Machine Not Ready". I can't move anything. Nothing will jog. I checked the incoming voltages 240 3PH, everything looks fine. I've checked every overload that I can find, nothing was popped. I checked all the fuses. I've got green lights everywhere. No error code. Lights are on. Hydraulics are pressured up...

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20141109_193709.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	67.4 KB 
ID:	256228
    Attachment 256218
    Attachment 256220
    Attachment 256222
    Attachment 256224
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20141109_193744.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	68.7 KB 
ID:	256226

Re: Fanuc 6TB - Takisawa TS20 Motor Alarm on Startup w/ no code

Hello crmb
    do you mean that yours drives are ready and your CRT dispaly is normal but machine is not moving?check the pc parameters.and tell me that is you display of machine is in normal condition or in starting condition?

CRT displays machine not ready. I can get to programs, parameters, alarm, etc. Everything looks normal but I can't jog or reference the machine (not to mention the blaring motor alarm). How do I know if its in normal or starting conditions? (which parameters?)

i think this is not parameters fault.you can check the limit switches because if the display is showing not ready then you N.C is not ready.check limiti switch or check that if there is O.T switch then press it.and check.and in the pics you spindle drive is also off not in on condition.check the emergency switch.if emergency is also not good then also machine in in not ready

Hello
    are you checked the Limit switch
    and emergency switch and also error
    and see OT Switch or not

I might as well document the fix.

The spindle amplifier was off. Behind the spindle amp is a glass fuse in the upper left hand corner that had blown. The fuse went to the spindle fan.

We swapped the fuse and blew out the fan motor on the back of the spindle motor.

The rotor wasn't locked, but the motor started smelling really bad almost as soon as power was reapplied to it. We put an ammeter on it, and it drew 4.5 amps (5 amp fuse).

So basically our spindle motor fan is bad. It popped the fuse, and the machine alarms out on startup because the spindle amp wont turn on. We put a box fan blowing on the spindle motor so we can resume machining, and are currently tracking down a fan. So far $650 is about what they look to cost.

is your problem in now ok or not

Yep, it was just the a bad spindle fan motor that was popping that fuse. We put a box fan on the motor temporarily while the new one comes in and we are running again.
    Thanks!