586,108 active members*
3,084 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

winDNC how to use it?!?

Hi all,

guys, please help the Fagor control and winDNC are new to me and I cant get them to work,
    I have a rs232 and Ethernet communication on the machine, I am only trying to send a program form my PC and execute it on the CNC, either from memory or I would prefer drip feed it.

I menage to establish the Ethernet comunication but I dont know how to load a program in the winDNC I dot know what type of file should the program be how to be named (P0001 or what) or the extension (.nc .txt .fghjk or what) also I have no idea what should the program look like I am looking at the fagor manuals and all I see is the canned cycles or some programming examples for hand programing on the operators panel but I am using CAM software and I get ISO(G) code programs that I want to execute them.

again please help I have 10 years experience with fanuc and siemens controls but I have never been stuck like this...

any example or suggestion of how to operate would be deeply appreciated

the control is Fagor 8055i(its a machining center) and I downloaded the WinDNC V5.2 software from the official web of Fagor automation.

Re: winDNC how to use it?!?

why not use usb??
    if its a mill control then it needs to be .pim extion
    if you dont have a usb on the control there is one inside of it that u can plug an egtention cord to. i find the usb to be a lot user frendly

Re: winDNC how to use it?!?

If you want to transfer file to controller the file name needs to be six numbers. eg 000000.pim
    First line needs to be correct format. Post this line for a look..