I should start with the fact that I use K-Motion's K-Flops to supply the pulse trains to my drivers...for those not familiar with them, they are use a USB interface from a PC to a DSP based controller that eliminates latency issues common with modern Operating Systems....

I am looking at updating some POS stations in my retail business with Foxconn T-iBT18's ( http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...20141113033721 ). These seem like they would be ideal for CNC use as well, and are pretty darn cheap....(less than $200 with a 64GB SSD & 4GB RAM)....and I am just curious if anyone else has used similar micro/nano/pico format systems for their dedicated CNC PCs? I realize I can (and many people DO) re-purpose an older desktop/Laptop, and I certainly don't need the processing speed of these machines, but a full-size desktop is awfully bulky and awkward in comparison...and while energy efficiency is not really a viable concern when running a 2.2kW spindle and 4 stepper motors....with a total PC system power consumption of < 15W it would at least provide the warm fuzzy feeling of some aspect of the system being "green", lol.

I am likely going to add an extra one to my cart (earmarked for my latest build) when I order for my store ...just wanted to hear any pros/cons from people who might have already tried something like these....

Thanks in Advance!

Fish