586,058 active members*
4,568 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > Mastercam > MasterCam lathe Questions

MasterCam lathe Questions

:rainfro:

you may need to check yourself into a hospital for that multiple personality.

Unhappy Problem with Lathe bounderies And wire Toolpaths

hello! this is my first time to post, first hi to the CNCadmin. Second im happy i found this site, this could help me be better machinist. so ill get right down to it. I got a problem with bounderies with the lathe. The chuck bounderies and the tail stock bounderies.And my problem with wire is the toolpaths, i don't know what canned is use for, and i got error on the job operation. hope somebody can help me

Benvet, lets start with Lathe what is the issue and do you have a file to share that is giving you issues?
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)
    Cadcam
    Software and hardware sales, contract Programming and Consultant , Cad-Cam Instructor .

don't know how to send a file?

i don't know how to send a file, if you could send me a example of a program or a step by step manual, on how to set the paramters in the bounderies of tailstock and chuck?so i can start the job opertion. just one last question what is the use of creating a solids when programming in mastercam? Because i've never use that command in one of my practice programs. Thanks for the help

when programing in mastercam mill I almost always go solids, and then create; curve; all edges, select solid; and bam I have all my geometry for toolpaths. I hate mastercam lathe

Wink

When I do lathe with solids. I go toolpaths lets say rough and pick solids and it gives me the profile of the solid to pick. ;-)
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)
    Cadcam
    Software and hardware sales, contract Programming and Consultant , Cad-Cam Instructor .

When you use the "Go Advanced" option when posting there is an option to Attach files so it will be posted here.
    Cadcam

ahhhhmmmmmm

what is the most commonly use cnc machine? lathe, milling, or wire? so i can master one of them. And could you send me a file or a working drawing, so i can practice different kinds of programming. or if there is a site that i can look at for designs and drawing that i can practice programming. And do we have a yahoo group or a friendster, or etc. for our community.

Benvet, each area might have more of one type a machine then another. Out here in California we have allot of Hass and Fadal CNC mils. Lathes allot of Moriseki's. Wire I would say Charmel's. What types files Mastercam files or prints that you can draw and program? (And do we have a yahoo group or a friendster, or etc. ) are you looking for a live chat room or something?
    Cadcam

all

all of the wire, lathe, milling. but i know more about milling than lathe and wire. any of the 3 will do, just to practice my programming. about chat, nope i don't want to chat. i just like to have a group, or see what other machinist look like... beacause im thinking i may be too old to be a apprentice machinist.