It's been a while since I posted any updates on my CRP-4848.

I'm finally making some real progress with the new work surface for my CRP-4848. I'm using red oak 3/4" plywood for it's dimensional stability and strength for the t-slots.

Last weekend I got the mounting holes and countersinks cut and the table mounted. The last two rows of mounting holes in the back were a bit of a challenge since they are outside the work envelope of the table. I had to cut the first four rows of mounting holes and then hang the plywood over the front and cut the remaining two rows. I used two separate g-code files to do it and located off of the front left corner of the frame. I'm using Artsoft's Mill Wizard to generate the g-code.

Today I cut two rows of access holes every three inches to allow me to insert and remove t-bolts as needed. I then cut the 3/8" slot for the 5/16" t-slot cutter every three inches.

Tomorrow I'll cut the 5/16" t-slot. I want to extend the t-slot all the way to the back side of the table to allow work holding options when working with pieces larger than the 48" x 48" work envelope. Moving the plywood forward again and cutting the back side is another reason why I put in the 1" holes. The back row of 1" holes gives me a point where I can drop the 5/16" cutter into the hole and cut until I reach the back edge of the plywood. T-slot cutters don't like to plunge and if they did they would cut into the 3/8" slot anyway. This way gives me more options.

-Freeman

Attachment 257186
Attachment 257188
Attachment 257190
Attachment 257192