586,103 active members*
3,651 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thread: pull studs

pull studs

hello all,

i have just completed my cnc retrofit of a sajo vf 54 vertical mill. rutex 2020 drives with mach 3 control. i am now trying to identify which pull stud configeration i need. it has a nmtb 50 taper. anyone have experiance using sajo mills?

Many of the nmtb holders are held in place with a threaded draw bar.
    It would depend on the method for your particular machine.
    Look in the spindle, is there a collet or is there a threaded rod?
    Do you have any tool holders that were on site prior to your retrofit?
    May be the answers to these questions and a call to Retention Knob Supply in Ohio would give you a bunch of answers.
    I have no experience with your milling machine manual or CNC.
    Sorry I can't be more help.
    Regards Walt.

thanks for the lead .

sajo pull stud

Peter,
    I estimate 4 weeks to make a pull stud treat it, test it. And make a bunch once one works. Thanks again, and don't forget to send your full name and address. I will keep u informed on progress!

Tom

Quote Originally Posted by najnielkp View Post
    hello all,

i have just completed my cnc retrofit of a sajo vf 54 vertical mill. rutex 2020 drives with mach 3 control. i am now trying to identify which pull stud configeration i need. it has a nmtb 50 taper. anyone have experiance using sajo mills?
    Peter,
    Since we can't seem to hook up electronically, I have not heard from you. Are you going to mail me the print, or did you forget...Tom?

tom, i will try to send this today to your fax number. i had sent 4 weeks ago via email. did not get a reply that you did not recieve it. what cad program are you using? my drawing does not show any arcs or radiuses. just dimensions.had drawn it for creating a toolpath with polylines.

studs

hello all,

OK peter, you can fax...the number again is 1 800 5678994. I did sent you a communication thru here, that the stuff was not compatible with a MAC computer and just gave grief! But obviously you did not get that message. The 800# goes to my offfice. I will let you know if we get it tonite..Regards...Tom

pull stud sajo

hello all,

Peter,
    I really don't know if you can fax to an 800 number in the US. So if it does not work, just mail the drawing so we can get going. I would have these done by now! Sometimes electronic media is just too complicated...Also, don't forget to give me the address you have. Also if you have a radius guage, you might be able to tell me the radius of the ball contact area on the thread side of the stud. Tom Keiper
    428 Swamp Rd.
    Morgantown, Pa 19543

pull studs

hello all,

Peter,
    today is 6/11/09. We have been communicating for 2 months. We still have not transmitted your vf54 pull stud to me. I need to get this project going, so please... mail the print asap. You need studs, and I need the print to save me R&D. Again address is: Tom Keiper
    428 Swamp Rd.
    Morgantown, Pa. 19543

PS...Don't forget to give me your address in Canada so I can mail you studs.
    I might just make them on my old W&S cnc ...