586,089 active members*
3,933 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > BobCad-Cam > Need help working with solids in v21

Need help working with solids in v21

I am in need of some help with a file I have been working on.

I started out with a "Cloud" of points taken with a microscribe of a physical part I am working on. I then splined the points and sufraced the model to create two solids. I have aligned the two solids to achive the right amount of overlap I am going for. Now comes the issue. I used the "Booleans Difference" function to try and create a "dished' shape where the two solids overlap. The problem is it just leaves a hole the shape of the overlap. I need the shape of the overlapping solid to show up.

Here are some screen shots, the first is the two solids overlapping, the second is the result of the boolean function.

If need be I can e-mail the .cad file to someone willing to help.

Thanks,

Mike
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Pillar_Before.jpg   Pillar_After.jpg  

I have replied to your post on the BCC Forum

:cheers:
    Toby D.
    "Imagination and Memory are but one thing, but for divers considerations have divers names"
    Schwarzwald

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

www.refractotech.com

Replied on BCC, Thanks tobyaxis!

Your Welcome:cheers:
    Toby D.
    "Imagination and Memory are but one thing, but for divers considerations have divers names"
    Schwarzwald

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

www.refractotech.com