586,069 active members*
3,410 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Smile boxford tcl 125

Hi i have aquired a boxford tcl 125 i have a bbc computor with it but no software does anyone have some software they would part with ,or alternitively is there a way of interfacing it to a pc, i have contacted boxford but they only want to help the educational sector. any ifo greatly appreciated, also it has a slight problem in that i can index the turret, move the slides bit the motor will not turn the relays click when the motor forward or reverse button is pressed but the motor dosnt revolve has anyone got a fix for this, alternatively is there a set of offthe shelf boards i could fit to enable me to use this lathe
    thanks for your time
    dazz

Hello Dazz Yes I have a copy of the software mine is a boxford 160 but as far as I am aware they all use the same controls the program is very basic and slow but if you look on this website and locate suffolkclocks posts by going to member list he is on about page 399 he posted information about connecting into the control board and then connecting via a breakout board to the parallel port of a pc and using software such as mach 2 or turbocnc a friend of mine has tried this and it worked quite well I also have a spare set of boards for a machine with the toolchanger if you are interested give me a ring on 01159389014 Nottingham where abouts are you located cheers for now Colin1544.

cheers youre a star will ring