586,094 active members*
3,859 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > Vectric > Free 3D Models & Prize Draw

Free 3D Models & Prize Draw

Vectric and VectorArt 3D have teamed up to offer some new Free 3D models (worth $100) for use with Vector Art 3D Machinist and VCarve Pro.

We are also running a Free Prize Draw that anyone can enter by downloading the Free VA3D Machinist software and Trial version of VCarve Pro, and simply submitting a design created using a combination of the 2 software products.

Fantastic prizes,

1st Prize - Vector Art 3D Animal Collection - Value $499

2nd Prize - Vector Art 3D Machinist Starter Pack – Value $199

For more details about the Free 3D Models, the Rules for the Draw and to watch the Video Tutorial, visit,

Free Models and Prize Draw

Below are a couple of images showing the type of designs that can be produced using the Free models and software.

Tony

This should be great. Would it be possible for us to see what others have submitted ?

Quote Originally Posted by ynneb View Post
    This should be great. Would it be possible for us to see what others have submitted ?
    Benny,
    Myself and others have posted our ideals in the Vectric forum.
    they are in the submissions thread.
    One design posted will get you in the drawing...but you can submit as many as you like.

Chuck
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Hog.jpg  
    Aspire, VCPro, PhotoVCarve, Cut3D, Mach3, Home built CnC.

Hi Benny,

The Forum isn't setup correctly and we will fix this so everyone can see the great designs being submitted for the Draw - Well spotted!

It's worth noting that this is a Free Draw so you don't need to be an artist to enter, Simply have a go at using the software, post an image and your name will be entered into the Draw.

Chuck - Excellent project and I can see a serious market for that!

Tony

Thanks for looking into this Tony. Now I can see the enties. Some of them are hot !!!

You can now see (hopefully) the designs submitted on the Vectric Forum at,

http://vectric.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=4576#4576

There was a problem opening some of the Demo Files using the Free Trial version of VCarve Pro. These files have been updated and it should now all work correctly.

Thanks for the support,

Tony

I have asked Paul to make this topic more prominant in the zone. Its not every day there is a giveaway and competition.
    I hope he makes it a sticky, and possibly a mass mail out. I have done that for you on the Machsupport forum, but it would be even better if done here.

I have asked Paul to make this topic more prominant in the zone. Its not every day there is a giveaway and competition.
    I hope he makes it a sticky, and possibly a mass mail out. I have done that for you on the Machsupport forum, but it would be even better if done here.
    Thanks Benny.

Tony

I dont have the software yet to do good fancy bmp images and convert them into vectors to make great signs so I think Im gonna give entering a miss ( ). But hey, at least it has me trying the programs and so far I love them! Keep up the good work Tony I still think this competition is a fantastic idea. (CAD-CAM Trainer Username: Murph)

Hi Diamaid,

You don't have to have the Full versions of the software to enter a simple design and the prizes are well worth winning!

I would recommend downloading the Trial Versions of VCarve Pro and VA3D Machinist and simply place one of the 3D designs in the middle of a rectangle with maybe you name or something underneath. Then using Save Image and post the image on the Forum.

That's all you have to do to be entered in the Draw and you could win some great 3D models.

Regards,
    Tony

Oh. I thought that a judge chose the 'best' one to win. But if its a draw I'll enter something. Thanks.

Prize Winners

The Prize Winners were drawn yesterday from the 58 people who entered a design. Each person was assigned a number between 1 and 58 and 3 random numbers were generated.

A big thanks goes to everyone who participated.

The winners were as follows:

1st number - Jerry Pendergrass - Wins a copy of Animal Collection 1 by Jules (value $499)
    2nd number - Steve Cromal - Wins a copy of the Machinist Starter Pack (Value $199)
    3rd number - Gerald Wilson - Also wind copy of the Machinist Starter Pack

Prize winners have been notified and prizes will be shipped Monday. For everyone else who entered at least you have some free 3D models as consolation

James Booth from Vector Art 3D will be adding a lot of new designs to the web site next week - http://www.vectorart3d.com and the Animal Collection should be available for sale Monday morning!

Visit the Vectric Forum to see the great designs.

Tony