586,061 active members*
4,673 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thread: M23 on SL-10

M23 on SL-10

Where do you put the M23 chamfer 'on" code in relation to the G76 canned cycle code? Tried before, after and everywhere... Do I need a P value as well or something else to get this to work? Setting 95 / 96 look fine on the machine BTW... Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by BallisticFab View Post
    Where do you put the M23 chamfer 'on" code in relation to the G76 canned cycle code? Tried before, after and everywhere... Do I need a P value as well or something else to get this to work? Setting 95 / 96 look fine on the machine BTW... Thanks!
    Are you finding that no matter where you put the G23 and whatever you put in Setting 95/96 the machine seems to stop Z while the tool is still in the cut then lift out so it leaves a groove around the last thread? I don't do much threading so I have never looked into this much but I have never managed to get a proper chamfer pullout at the end of a thread.

It seems that there's no difference if the M code is there or not. I'm assuming after the last thread it retracts then comes back to do the chamfer?

Place it in the line before the G76 line.