586,655 active members*
3,514 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Spindle sticking in reverse

Hi

My Boss 6.1 doesn't like been use in reverse or forward in the low gear, it sometimes doesn't start first time when you flick the switch and when I come to stop the spindle it quite often carries on running for sometime, upto a couple of minutes at times.

I guess this is due to dirty contacts if so is it possible to clean them or will I have to buy a new contactor.

Thanks

Chris

You can usually take the contactors apart and clean the contacts with some light abrasive material (scotch brite, sand paper, etc). While you are in there, you can check the springs and make sure they are not all gummed up. I think the coils are 110Vac so you can bench test them by applying and removing voltage and making sure they snap closed and open.

I would also check the contact blocks on the manual switch. It sound as if they are gummed up and responding slowly.

Thanks

I've cleaned them up and there working properly now no delay at all.

There was some sticky gue on the reverse one and when I pressed it in manualy with my finger (No power on!) it would stick in for a few seconds.

Cheers

Chris