586,119 active members*
3,473 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Mazak H1000 Machining Center

Hi all,
    We have a Mazak H1000 Horizontal Machining Center that has a full contouring b-axis and also a quill in the spindle. Does anyone know how to program using the quill within Mazatrol?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Beau

What is its axis name i.e. X Y Z B W? Also what controller do you have? m-32, 640m etc.?

W axis on m32 control

Is there a "W" on the position display:
    X 0.0000
    Y 0.0000
    Z 0.0000
    B 0.0000
    W 0.0000

yes there is

What happens when you write a mazatrol prog., what does the quill try to do? In other words does it ask you what you want to do with it? And also what is the primary drilling axis, Z? if so maybe you just hang it out there when extra reach is needed etc.

There is nothing in mazatrol that references to the w axis. You can't just hang the tool out it automatically pull itself back in when you try to start a program.

What if you use "manual program" in the mazatrol prog. to move it where you want it? I'm guessing that "Z" is the primary drill axis. Keep in mind that mazatrol will move it "home" for tool changes etc. so you'll have to move it each time you use it.

Hi,
    Thanks for taking the time to help. We can program it using a manual program fine, this is how we have been programming it but it just gets a bit tedious at times working out the points and making sure you compensate in z as well. We just thought that there may be a way to use it with the Mazatrol cycles, if not then it's no real hassle. And yes z is the primary drill axis.

Beau

Just to clairify, I ment the manual prog. function within a Mazatrol prog. i.e. choose "man. pro." from the Mazatrol menu. I've never seen one with a W spindle before. Does the machine have a "snout" that sticks out from the Y axis column? I'm assuming it must. I wonder then, what is the pourpose for the W axis?