586,115 active members*
3,232 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > Fanuc > Fanuc OT Star JNC-16 (yr 1985) Par.

Unhappy Fanuc OT Star JNC-16 (yr 1985) Par.

Hi all,

I'm a noobe in need of some help. When we recieved our Star JNC-16 with a Fanuc OT controller it had a ram parity error. We rebooted the machine holding down can+p or can+del and the ram parity error went away. But now we have other errors; 401, 411, 421 x axis vrdy or something like that. The parameters were deleted and I don't have an operators manual for this machine.

Does anyone have a parameters list for this machine? Any suggestions?

Thanks ahead of time for all your help!!

Rob

Parameters

Hi ,

I have a copy of these on my pc, email for them!

[email protected]

I sent you my email address. Thanks ahead of time. I would deeply appreciate the parameters.

Do you know how I can load these parameters using a PC with codeshark lite or hyper terminal??

Rob

I still need the parameters, please somebody help... please...

My problems have just gone from bad to worse, I think... I hooked up my PC with codeshark lite to the Fanuc 0T today and when I tried to turn on the JNC it click once and then it clicked again and it never turned on. A red lite on tlr1 turns on and then immediately turns off. Any suggestions???

Rob

check green fuses on PSU are ok, they will show a white spot when they have blown. I sent the parameters to you, did you get them?

I did get the parameters. Thank you so very much.

I checked the fuses today and the 3.2 Amp fuse was blown. I replaced with a .32 Amp fuse (by accident, we must had ordered the wrong one) and that one blew too. I'm hoping it blew because of the low rating.

Do you have any suggestions?

You have been a great help and thanks again for the parameters.

Rob

.32 would definatly blow. get the correct fuse, hopefully power up then enter the parameters by hand, should only take about 1 hour if you get someone to read them out to you. Remember some of my parameters may differ from yours example baud rate, inch / metric etc

Good luck!

If you enter the Communication parameters first by hand, the rest can be loaded from PC.
    Al.
    CNC, Mechatronics Integration and Custom Machine Design

“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”
    Albert E.

Does anybody know where I can get a 32 Amp Fuse for the JNC-16?

Any ideas on why the fuse blew in the first place? I know it wasn't blown a couple of days ago.

I downloaded a program called codeshark lite and installed it on a Windows 2000 computer. I have a standard RS232??? cable (I think its 25 pin). I'm not sure how to get the communication part setup.

But, I really can't do anything until the machine turns on.

Thanks,

Rob

I did the same thing today i restarted the machine while holding reset. I should have been holding delete. so i have the parameters from 1995 so i thk theres gonna be some changes need. first concern is the machine thinks its ref return in the middle of z axis? any tips on stuff thats onna ned to be updated?

Hi Jedi,

Does that machine not have proximitys for the zero return? If not I think is parameter 22 bit 0123 that should be at zero, then move the axis to their zero points, then switch the parameters back on. 0,1,2,3 represent the different axis but cant remember which ones. I dont have a JNC anymore But I may have a Fanuc ot manual if you need any more info

Rob, can you not steal a 3.2 or 5 amp fuse from another machine. No parameters or anything will be lost if you do.

Cheers

I had to resart the machine while holding p and cancel and it refernced fine after that. Apparently it was on the soft limit switch or something. Im not sure what or why that is but maybe someone can answer.

hi im after a manual for the star cnc i was wondering if u still had it?
    im haveing the same problem thanks in advanced

can anyone help im after a star jnc-16 manual

manual

Please email me at [email protected] if you still need the jnc-16 manual.

thanks,
    Rob