586,100 active members*
2,722 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 3 of 6 12345
    I purchased 4 495 oz/in Steppers and 4 KL-8078 Stepper Drivers
    They work great with 60 volts and a cnc4pc bob. on a 48" X 48" Router table.
    Great to deal with & fast delivery.

Glen

I bought a KL-11078 drive and a Nema 34 AC stepper motor from Keling. They wind up GREAT and 110VAC is the only power required. Good buy, will do again.

hello

Happy costumer

Hi,

I’m currently using Kelings Technology 640 oz-in motors and Gecko 203V drives which I got from them, John was most helpful (I even called him at 7.00pm, sorry John, got my time conversion confused) and promptly issued me an invoice, it took 5 days!! For delivery to Australia!! Absolutely awesome considering that I order stuff within Australia and it take up to 2 weeks to get to me from 250km away!!
    Very happy with Johns service and product, keep up the good work!!:wave:

Anyone got manual for KL-8056?

Can someone help, I bought KL-8056, need manual... website has no link.

tuning Kelings with KL 4030's---tips?

Quote Originally Posted by vacpress View Post
    hey guys.

RE: correct jumper settings.

so. ive got a kelling kit. pesonally i think the power supply is drastically mismatched to the steppers, but maybe not to the drivers. i doubt the drivers i got, the.. 4030's could ever drive those big steppers to their full potential. it appears to me that they are a 'safe and reliable' combination though...

24v is undersized for these motors, but safe for the drivers, which are probably fragile.
    Ok, me too. but I got the 36v p/s...still trying to verify my wiring---do any of you have tuning tips---i'm getting very jerky motion in only one direction.

Thanks
    Chefthechef

Chef

Direction pins are not configured correctly causing motion in only one direction.

"Jerky movement" have you checked the dip switches for the correct amp setting?

Quote Originally Posted by spaceballs_3000 View Post
    Can someone help, I bought KL-8056, need manual... website has no link.
    Do you have this?

http://kelinginc.net/KL_8056Wiring.pdf

CR.

dir pins in mach3?

Quote Originally Posted by jalessi View Post
    Chef

Direction pins are not configured correctly causing motion in only one direction.

"Jerky movement" have you checked the dip switches for the correct amp setting?
    Direction pins in mach3 or on the C10 bidirectional breakout board?

Yes, i have the dip switches set for 2.7 amp for these keling 425 oz. inch motors configged in bipolar parallel mode.

Thanks for the help!

Chefthechef

bidirectional breakout board diagram for keling kit.

Quote Originally Posted by Crevice Reamer View Post
    yes, that's the diagram i followed. one thing that confuses me is the 5V/G pin---there's no connection on the diagram---should it be connected to 5V Ground?

Thanks,
    Chefthechef

Quote Originally Posted by chefthechef View Post
    yes, that's the diagram i followed. one thing that confuses me is the 5V/G pin---there's no connection on the diagram---should it be connected to 5V Ground?

Thanks,
    Chefthechef
    As long as your driver gnd is connected to the c10/11 board gnd it should be ok.
    what I did was connect my drivers gnd to the c10 5v/G pin, and make sure you have the proper jumper on the c10/11 board to have the 5v/G common pins set to Negative (gnd).

Just wanted to add my experience.

I purchased the 425oz 3-axis package and so far has exceeded my expectations. I ordered the package and had everything the next day (your mileage may vary as I'm pretty close to Chicago.)

I've posted pictures of the 'unboxing' in this thread.

-Dave

just finished upgrade to 8 year old camaster, went smooth used johns products cannot say enough about the service!!

jim

first file after testing
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSC00206.JPG  

Kelling problems

I've got very frustrated with Kelling.
    I bought several times on the website products that he doesn't have on stock anymore. I got my money back but it took almost two weeks to get that money back from Paypal.
    After my second return I almost buy on Ebay a product from him that I needed and I doubt, so I call him to check if he really had that product on stock (based on my experiences) and there you go... "Is a mistake, we don't have that product anymore"... so, thanks God that I call him first to double check. After I ask him, he never took down that product from his Ebay account, and never update his website showing products that are out of stock.
    I really wanted to buy his stuff but he has serious organization problems with what is available or not, and if you are paying with Paypal once you pay you don't see your money back after two weeks.

If you really need to buy stuff from him... call, or suffer the consequences.

that is too bad for you, john has been a little difficult to understand on the phone (accent and such) but has overnighted me parts on many occasions and honered every thing her has told me, i will be wiring up my third machine next week and will use john again

jim mcgrew
    James McGrew CAMaster 508 ATC
    www.mcgrewwoodwork.com http://dropc.am/p/EJaKyl

Question Which Keling Driver?

I'm considering the KL-4030 and KL-6050 for a Taig micro mill. They'e both roughly the same price (~$50), and I'm not sure I fully understand the differences, or which would be best.

The biggest difference I see is that the KL-4030 is rated to 40V, where the KL-6050 is rated to 60V. I have a high-current supply that will output a mximum of +46V, but which I can regulate down to +40V. In other words, either driver is useable with my supply, though I won't be able to take advantage of the full 60V rating of the KL-6050.

I also see that the maximum current output of the KL-6050 is greater. That doesn't seem to be a big consideration either though. The steppers I plan to use will probably be in the range of 200-270 oz-in, and it's not likely they'll need more than KL-4030 can provide (3 amps).

Is there anything else about these two drivers that sets them apart? Idle current reduction? Resonance dampening? Power requirements? Heat sinking? Anything?

Noisillator,

The 6050 only has two available settings for the micro stepping modes.

On the Taig that wont matter because it has 20 tpi screws so even 1/2 stepping will provide .000125 resolution

Jeff...
    Patience and perseverance have a magical effect before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish.

Quote Originally Posted by jalessi View Post
    Noisillator,

The 6050 only has two available settings for the micro stepping modes.

On the Taig that wont matter because it has 20 tpi screws so even 1/2 stepping will provide .000125 resolution

Jeff...
    The 6050 would save me some work, because I already have a linear supply at about 46V. To use the 4030, I would have to regulate the supply down to accomodate the 4030's lower max voltage rating. However, I asked this same question of Keling, and they replied that the 4030 also "runs smoother" than the 6050. They say that's because it handles resonance better. Given that I'm building rotational dampeners, maybe I should buy it anyway. How important is idle current reduction? This driver doesn't seem to have that feature. Also, how is Keling support?

Noisillator,

I would choose the 6050.

Two reasons An upgrade path for larger motors in the future due to higher current capacity and the higher voltage will provide more rpm.

Keling's warranty service is exceptional.

John is local, we purchase from him all the time.

Jeff...
    Patience and perseverance have a magical effect before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish.

Quote Originally Posted by DNA3000 View Post
    I've got very frustrated with Kelling.
    I bought several times on the website products that he doesn't have on stock anymore. I got my money back but it took almost two weeks to get that money back from Paypal.
    After my second return I almost buy on Ebay a product from him that I needed and I doubt, so I call him to check if he really had that product on stock (based on my experiences) and there you go... "Is a mistake, we don't have that product anymore"... so, thanks God that I call him first to double check. After I ask him, he never took down that product from his Ebay account, and never update his website showing products that are out of stock.
    I really wanted to buy his stuff but he has serious organization problems with what is available or not, and if you are paying with Paypal once you pay you don't see your money back after two weeks.

If you really need to buy stuff from him... call, or suffer the consequences.
    I didn;t have the same experience. I emailed him before I ordered to see if the items were in stock, he responded to my email within 24 hours and informed me a couple of the steppers would be in stock in a few days. I made the order and received everything within a week.

Page 3 of 6 12345