586,500 active members*
1,860 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thread: V27 UPDATE

Page 3 of 4 1234

Re: V27 UPDATE

Another thing to note....2 totally different machines (desk top computers)....and both have the same problem since the V27 update. Both were good before the update. Just saying....

RAF I think you have the same issue and I believe all that get the update will soon find out. For those of you that have followed this post...and have Bobcad V27 build #1547...try what we have been talking about. Open file..and FIRST THING....translate with SKETCH/ENTER button on and end points set at 0,0,0 and start point set on PICK...select a new corner of the model to translate too.....what do you get? My machine goes down in flames. I am also certain that Al has been reading these posts. So Al....What do you think? By the way....I like the software. I want it to work. I think it is pretty cool...especially for what it costs. Thanks

Can't Update my Demo

Pony up Jr.....just don't take the update....yet. Naw seriously...I had the demo also. Really liked it. Thats why I jumped from 25 to 27.

Quote Originally Posted by 118 View Post
    RAF I think you have the same issue and I believe all that get the update will soon find out. For those of you that have followed this post...and have Bobcad V27 build #1547...try what we have been talking about. Open file..and FIRST THING....translate with SKETCH/ENTER button on and end points set at 0,0,0 and start point set on PICK...select a new corner of the model to translate too.....what do you get? My machine goes down in flames. I am also certain that Al has been reading these posts. So Al....What do you think? By the way....I like the software. I want it to work. I think it is pretty cool...especially for what it costs. Thanks
    I don't have the update for V27 yet myself, but I would suggest that you submit the specific sequence that causes the issue as a bug to Bobcad as opposed to hoping Al sees it. I've been contacted to get more information when it's needed after submitting a report, so I know they pay pretty close attention to those submissions. Here's the link for reporting bugs/requesting features:

Software Issue Report & Feature Requests | CAD/CAM | BobCAD-CAM | BobCAD-CAM

Yeah I think a backdate to the three button translate would be wise move. Unless Its a Solid Works compatability issue (which it shouldnt be)! Thanks in advance Al!

I believe you may be correct mmoe. However in years gone by I received nothing from Bob except pesky salesman. Maybe it is different today....anyone can change. I will submit this issue on their web sight as a bug and see where that goes. Thanks and have a nice afternoon.

RAF....since you have the update....try to TRANSLATE (move) with the DRAG button highlighted. Anything doesn't matter what. I cannot drag any entity anywhere. Even after a reboot and a new file. I certainly could in V25 and V27 #1462. Just curious if you have the same problem. Thanks

I believe you may be correct mmoe. However in years gone by I received nothing from Bob except pesky salesman. Maybe it is different today....anyone can change. I will submit this issue on their web sight as a bug and see where that goes. Thanks and have a nice afternoon.
    When submitting a bug report of feature request, I just get an email if there is a question, or an email to inform of the status of that request/bug. I just resubmitted a request for tabs in profile routines last night, since it still is not there in V27, and they did respond by email already this morning to let me know that it has been requested a lot both by users and internally (sales staff most likely) and that it will hopefully be included in a future version. In the past, I've made other feature requests that they thought were already in the software, so a short email exchange about the specifics helped sort out exactly what I was asking for, and the request then forwarded to the development team (I asked for toolpath arrays to order the output code based on where they are placed in the CAM tree including any arrays that are a subcategory of an array).

As for the phone calls from sales, I've never really had any of the troubles I've heard other have had. That's not to dismiss that it happened, as it was too commonly reported for anyone to think it didn't happen. My own experience all the way back to V17 was that I got two calls per year on average. One call to see if I wanted to upgrade to the new version after it was released, after which I did not get another call if I said I wasn't interested, and a second call about every year to inform me that there is/was a training seminar coming to my area. I never felt they were overly aggressive about their sales in those calls and I had no problem with them calling me twice a year. In fact, I get more calls from competing product sales reps than I do from Bobcad, even though I have not downloaded many of those products in quite a while. I don't think they are over the top either, but it does go to speak to what is probably typical for software sales.

These days, I have not heard of many instances of folks having problems with the Bobcad sales staff. I remember a year or two ago there was an instance of something, but I also recall that a call to that salesman's supervisor was productive and I can't recall word of another instance since. They have really focused on keeping their sales tactics more along the lines of what the average person would feel is acceptable. They do still have to sell software, so I'm sure they still call folks from time to time, but I don't think they are as relentless about calling as I heard they used to be (but again never personally experienced).

RAF...and others. I received a call from Sean at Bobcad and he got me lined out. I have been making 2 mistakes. First on is TRANSLATE SKETCH DRAG with end points set at 0,0,0 and start set to PICK.... After model is selected and right click the model...shift select the model AGAIN and you get several point along the model. Pick one to translate to and all is good. A better method. Works great. Second mistake was the TRANSLATE DRAG command. When starting the command a new icon and arrows appears on your entity with a tiny ball in the center of the icon. YOU MUST pick the tiny ball to drag to a new location. Works great. THANK YOU SEAN. Good work and thanks for getting me lined out.

I have been doing some new drawings this morning and the more I get use to This new translate feature, the more it seems like it works pretty nice after getting more familiar with it.

I can move a single entity or a solid with just the DRAG highlighted.

I'm thinking, that I may have to go back in to deliberations before I can be Without Reasonable Doubt and present my verdict. (but you know how new evidence can show up at any time)

RAF.

I'm still not sure I understand what the difference is. Does it allow you to use snaps in the "Drag" option?

I can't get any snaps with the Drag option I Think we will use Sketch/Enter with pick pick in place of.

I am keeping a close eye on Snap points when using them, still not sure of precision yet in some usage. I have ran into a few times where it seems like it snaps close to but not dead on.

I can drag snap to anything...but it drags from the center of the entity. It will snap to solid edges or line endpoints if you put the drag ball close to the destination point.

That's what I find also , so why not just use Sketch/Enter with Snaps? For me it seems to be faster than getting close (but no cigar) and have to do another operation.

Just a thought
    RAF.

If you are referring to the snaps that appear after shift selecting the model...It is a superior method. Is that what you were speaking about?

Can you explain how the new translate is different? We've always been able to drag by the center of mass, and we've always been able to sketch/enter using the pick function for start and end. I guess I'm having a hard time understanding what is new about it?

mmoe...do you have the update? It is different between the updates. When you pick your entity to translate drag.....do you see a new icon with arrows showing the coordinate directions and at its center is a little ball?

If you are referring to the snaps that appear after shift selecting the model...It is a superior method. Is that what you were speaking about?
    Yes I think we're reading the same book, Right click model/Hold Shift Left click for Snaps (And its ART) Heck if it were a tree it could be Ornaments
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 10x36-1.jpg  

It is a better method. I did not know that this method existed. I have been doing it a different way for 8 years now. Glad to learn something....knowledge is a great thing.

Page 3 of 4 1234