586,112 active members*
3,127 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Wireless Comms to Mazak

Hi all,
    Has any one tried a wireless serial server to mazak for loading programs? We have bought a Datahunter SerialLAN GB to test. I have hooked it up to a QT10 T2 and had limited success. It will start transfering then all of a sudden stop anywhere while downloading or it will download one program ok and then scramble the next then go ok again. Then i have tried it on a H1000 and AJV with M32 controls and will come up with CMT misconnected.
    We use MAZACAM software for uploading and downloading. I used a NULL modem cable for transfering i even put the null modem from my laptop serial port and everything worked fine but as soon as it is on the wireless device it wont work. It seems to be a port setting problem i think. Only problem is the port settings need to be set on the Serial server, the software cannot control these settings like on a normal serial port. I have even tried other programs for doing this but no fix yet.

Does anyone have any suggestions please i have been at getting this to work for nearly 2 weeks now?

Thanks,

Beau

Dont worry i solved the problem. Even though i could connect to the device it must have still been too far away. So i moved i closer and used a different cable