586,043 active members*
3,595 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > MadCAM > Retain defaults in profiling, pocketing etc dialog, being able to enter defaults

Retain defaults in profiling, pocketing etc dialog, being able to enter defaults

Most of the time I am following a fixed plan: 5mm cutter should cut 1mm deep, not the default 0.77, use ramp=2° and zero radius approach etc.
    Since there is no option to specify defaults, I have to reenter all of this again. Would be nice if you can specify a default per cutter and dialog (profiling, pocketing etc)

Or at least keep the last used value even after switching to a different cutter.

Re: Retain defaults in profiling, pocketing etc dialog, being able to enter defaults

I would suggest you create templates with your desired parameters present, or create some macros with preset values. Like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wkq4kLpGAaU

or like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7MoYV6Vfgg8

See if these videos help.

Dan
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Re: Retain defaults in profiling, pocketing etc dialog, being able to enter defaults

Hmm, not a bad idea. Trouble is though, that I have 30 layers for each cutter. So I would need a way to have one layer as template to load the cutter information and based on that create new toolpaths/layers, no recalculate.

Let me give you the big picture.
    I want to cut the outer area and the inner area. Since I have to define which closed curve is inner/outer in the 2D case, that asks for two layers already. No problem. What is worse however, here I selected all the inner curves and placed the cutter on the inside and as you see, sometimes it is inside as it should but on the left hand side it is outside the curve. As a result I have the tendency to have one layer per curve.

But even if that would work perfectly, do avoid spending times with travelling from one to the other, I would still mill closely placed objects only. Hence end up with multiple layers for the same operation. I could copy the layer of course an do a recalc model.... no I cannot as the recalc is based on the curve it was originally built for.