586,096 active members*
3,112 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Acramatic 950

HI folks. I'm new to Acramatic, and just setting my first job. Can't get my head around the co-ordinate system setup. I'm Fanuc born and bred, so this a little different for me. My problem is I have a twin pallet horizontal with Acramatic 950 control. Job consistes of using both pallets with identical set up on each pallet (4 station fixture). I am running the same program for both pallets, but I want to run a different coord system for each pallet to utilise a different set of fixture offsets, as the two fixtures are not quite identical dimensionally. Can't get my head around how this works. Can I specify the same program identity number on two different coord systems? And how does the machine know which coord system to run on each pallet?
    Hope that makes some sense.
    Cheers

Please help.

Sorry, I do not have an answer to your question. I as well am struggeling with my first program, same machine. I have not been able to run ANY program so far. Could you please tell me how to enter the program ID. I believe I have done just what the programming manual instructs, but I still recieve "program ID<>pallet prgm ID" message. MDI does not even seem to recognize type II PGM command. I'm certain that I will be abel to program, if I can just get past this. Any assistance would be greatly appriciated.

Quote Originally Posted by dafinney View Post
    Sorry, I do not have an answer to your question. I as well am struggeling with my first program, same machine. I have not been able to run ANY program so far. Could you please tell me how to enter the program ID. I believe I have done just what the programming manual instructs, but I still recieve "program ID<>pallet prgm ID" message. MDI does not even seem to recognize type II PGM command. I'm certain that I will be abel to program, if I can just get past this. Any assistance would be greatly appriciated.
    Having same problem here. Did you get past it?

Hello,

It is a bit complicated. In a two only palet system:

- In ProgramMagnament->DirMgnt You must assign (modify) the ID column to match a program with a palet number. The others programs must remain as -1

- Inside the program, in EditMode, You must begin the program with a :G129PxCy x=Palet number y=Offset table (see below)

- In OFFSETS (a bit nasty inside this) there will be through SELECT touch 4 options. Only 3 are needed. First select the top option. In this choose the palet number and modify the STATUS to PRESENT. With the wanted palet highlighted, go to SELECT and touch on the second option. You must select a table changing the STATUS also to PRESENT and the ID to match the palet number. With the wanted table highlighted, go to SELECT and choose the 3er one. Now You have several rows. Fill the needed rows. I usually fill one row per 90º angle (0º 90º 180º 270º) less o more (you will see how many you need). Several offset per angle are allowed.

- Back to the program, Edit Mode, You can use that offsets with G0,G1,G2 or G3 interpolation. Are modal until ESC is pressed. The form is (i.e.):

:G90G0X0Y500Z500B90H7S250M3M8

-If persist ProgramID<>PaletID, try in MDI G129PxCy to make match the correct palet.

Thanks lgg2, I appreciate your response. My question was posted 2 years ago, however, so I've managed to learn a bit since then.
    Cheers anyway, I'm still grateful that you spent the time to try and help.
    Thanks
    John
    Why, Oh why am I always in trouble?

Does anyone have a post processor for this machine? (mcam 9) I have made my own post but its got some bugs I don't know how to work out. Any help is appreciated!