586,222 active members*
2,993 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Hyundai Kia > Super Kia Turn 15LMS Tool Setter question

Super Kia Turn 15LMS Tool Setter question

So I have a Super Kia Turn 15LMS. Fanuc OiTB control. Just mustered up the courage to start running (I am coming from a Fadal 4020, so this is a little more intimidating to me)....
    Anyway - I am having a Q-setter problem, and I might have a problem with the machine zero's....

When I touch off on the tool setter in X, I get an offset value of like 10.xxxx using a standard turning tool..... When I go turn off some stock, measure diameter, X (dimension), measure, and I'll get like a -4.xxx which is exactly right....

Z direction- no problem. Works fine.

What would make the tool setter do that?

Only value I have in my G54 offsets is the work offset in G54 (1).

Pic attached of my machine when it is zero returned. Isn't the machine supposed to be zero at the Z-axis centerline and not at the zero return position?

Attachment 260578

Re: Super Kia Turn 15LMS Tool Setter question

You need to set the !st G4(may be G53) by Indicating the bore of the tool holder you will use to drill a hole on X-Axis center line. After Zero Return, the X should read zero. The distance from Zero to the center line is the entry you make into G53. The Z-axis should be zero in G53/g54. This remains a constant. Then touch off each tool on the Tool presetter. This makes all tools relative each other. Now, after calling up the tool and offset, ie. T0101, you touch the face of the part and set the G54 in Z-axis. In effect, this is the distance from Home. Each time you call up a tool by entering the tool and the offset, you can use any tool to set Zero.
    Hope this helps. Please be careful as some machines are set to use a different offset system

Re: Super Kia Turn 15LMS Tool Setter question

I ended up finding that the 5016 parameter was way off. So I turned the stock, measured, got the tool offset...then wen't back to my tool setter and touched off, got that offset number. I eventually interpolated the values and got the right number to enter into the parameter. Before adjusting, the number was like -365506... After adjusting it, the number was +175654. It was not even close. So for some reason the 5016 x positive tool setter value was incorrect in the parameters. Now when I go touch the tool off the toolsetter I get the exact value I got when manually measuring from the turned stock.