586,635 active members*
3,514 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > WoodWorking Machines > Commercial CNC Wood Routers > Multicam Machines > Need a replacement Z Axis ball nut for a SF Series machine

Need a replacement Z Axis ball nut for a SF Series machine

I have an SF series machine that the ball nut on the Z axis has cracked. The bearings are fine but apparently the threads filled up with crud and finally bound up.

Two questions,

1) Where can I get one. I believe it is made of Turcite plastic. I have looked on the web and found similar looking ones.

2) In the future, what is the best way to lubricate these. The tech that came out when we installed the machine said to spray it occasionally with silicone spray. When I cleaned out the ACME threads, the gunk was almost solid and more or less chipped out.

Thanks

Re: Need a replacement Z Axis ball nut for a SF Series machine

For the plastic nut, can you send a picture? I think i can send to you.

Try Thomson. My MC Pro uses Thomson screws and nuts.

http://www.thomsonlinear.com/website...ews/xc_adv.php

Neal

You just might be lucky and calling Thomson may be the ticket for these parts, unfortunately Multicam has a habit of having parts that are proprietary parts, but it does appear the older the machine, it is a better chance of the parts being able to be found on the open market.

As to cleaning your screw the best way is to use WD-40 to break up and flush the gunk, then use a lithium base grease to lube.

Silicone spray has a habit once it dry out, it becomes sticky and starts to draw dust and dirt to itself.

Quote Originally Posted by rugbyal View Post
    I have an SF series machine that the ball nut on the Z axis has cracked. The bearings are fine but apparently the threads filled up with crud and finally bound up.

Two questions,

1) Where can I get one. I believe it is made of Turcite plastic. I have looked on the web and found similar looking ones.

2) In the future, what is the best way to lubricate these. The tech that came out when we installed the machine said to spray it occasionally with silicone spray. When I cleaned out the ACME threads, the gunk was almost solid and more or less chipped out.

Thanks