586,075 active members*
3,989 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Benchtop Machines > Taig Mills / Lathes > Help needed with Taig Mill using Artcam to design

Help needed with Taig Mill using Artcam to design

Hello!

I have been using Artcam for about a decade now and have always ran a Model Master 1000 CNC using ART2PART. If you have ever used art2part.....you know It is very very simple and I love it. Essentially, I am lazy and don't want to change or learn anything new so here I am!!! hoping that someone on here can either help me get the Taig machine running on art2part (#1 choice) or will be able to help me find a solution for my current situation. I have my own Artcam->Art2part->Model Master setup. At my place of employment, I bring in my artcam and take home work to machine and bring them back the next day. Here at work there is a Taig setup running Mach3 and the program itself is very intimidating, current mach configurations that do run the mill are in inches and I do not think that Artcam's G-code can be saved in a format that will run the Taig.

Taig's controller box is a MicroProtoSystem 2000HD/LE Taig is a 4-axis machine, I think Taig CNC is the 2000
    I have Art2Part v 2.1(something) and version 3, and a few others too....

I know that I really should know how to program this machine and should spend the time to actually learn this stuff. It would greatly be in my benefit, especially since I personally own 3 MM1000 Cnc machines and their controllers will eventually fail and ill have to figure this then. Anyways if there is a good resource (like a youtube instructional video series) that you could suggest or even some program online or in the real world, I would also greatly appreciate your recommendations.

Finally, If you happen to be in the denver area, and would like to solve my issues (just the cnc ones, hehehe, im a hopeless case in all the others) in person. I'm sure my employer would be willing to pay.

This forum is INCREDIBLE!!! Thank you all, I'm sure ill be back to get more help soon.

Re: Help needed with Taig Mill using Artcam to design

I don't use ArtCAM, but if it puts out standard G-code, the Taig should be able to run it. Have you actually tried it? According to the ArtCAM site, there is a Mach post-processor CNC Machine Tool Support And Cusomization In ArtCAM ; just choose that when you're ready to output your toolpaths to Gcode.
    It's not hard to switch Mach3 from using inches to mm; just go to MDI and give it a G21 command. You can also put a G21 in the program to make sure it knows the units being used are mm; but if the program was written in inches everything's going to come out very small...
    Andrew Werby
    Website