586,105 active members*
3,261 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CNC Electronics > Hobbycnc (Products) > MY HobbyCNCPro Package Step by Step
Page 13 of 14 311121314
    :cheers: well, I am glad to hear of your good experience. It is good to see it all come together for you, before you know it, you will be burning wood and making chips.:cheers:
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy"
    -RedGreen show.

Actually, yours in more of the budget version. If you buy the parts as listed eg: Pactec Case, Hammond Transformer,
    bearings, etc, plus all the little things like the equipment to solder, volt meter, limit switches, LED's or Neon, customs and brokerage charges (you don't really expect after all), taxes, bits for the router, the actual router....you might add in another $500-$600....conservatively. Not mention what you'll spend in software.
    I figure this little hobby when all is said and done is going to come in around $2000
    Quite the hobby.

*I'm speaking of the overall cost of building a CNC whateverhaveyoubuilt. Router probably.
    If we're speaking just of the 3 or 4 axis controller (with 3 motors), probably in the $600-$700 range.

im a bit sad to , it was very intresting to watch this tread, it was very well made,you did a graet job. Now i can't wait to see the built of Johnny 5.

:cheers:

den

Hi Diarmaid
    Great to see you have got things working. But I would not use Din plugs and sockets for your motors as they will not handle the current. One other thing your 10 amp fuse should be on the "+" lead.
    Bob

Quote Originally Posted by redpiperbob View Post
    Hi Diarmaid
    Great to see you have got things working. But I would not use Din plugs and sockets for your motors as they will not handle the current. One other thing your 10 amp fuse should be on the "+" lead.
    Bob
    According to the diagram provided by Hobbycnc it's comes off the cap neg to TB6 neg. Not sure why you think it should be on the positive lead.

If you have a short you want the incoming power to get cut not the incoming ground, because you could have something else supplying the ground and blowing the ground fuse won't do much then.
    thanks
    Michael T.
    "If you don't stand for something, chances are, you'll fall for anything!"

and truthfully they miss-lable it as ground when it is referred to as power return or neutral. A ground wire in house/commercial wiring is to clear a fault, not for return path.
    thanks
    Michael T.

Quote Originally Posted by miljnor View Post
    and truthfully they miss-lable it as ground when it is referred to as power return or neutral. A ground wire in house/commercial wiring is to clear a fault, not for return path.
    Whoa, whoa. Are you saying the diagram is not right? I'm no electrical engineer, so I rely on what's been given to me and hope that it's been properly tested. Is there a posting about this on the hobbycnc site? And why can't there be a fuse on both side of this then (13" red directly off the cap to TB6)

I've never known a fuse for anything be fitted to the negative side. Think of a mains plug where is there fues for that?

Ben

Hi folks.

This fuse stuff was discussed earlier in the thread. See from post number 127 onwards.

Yes, the live is usually fused, but the included diagram clearly shows the fuse on the negative side. And it is a DC circuit with no ground so if the negative fuse blows it will break the circuit the same as if it was on the positive wire. Also, I mentioned in a previous post that if anyone is still in doubt, then I wired my fuses according to electron flow theory.

L8rs.

diarmid: thats the trouble though it's only a theory so we have
    Conventional Flow Theory:
    A theory regarding the flow of current. It states that current flows from positive to negative.
    and

Electron Flow Theory:
    A theory regarding the flow of current which states that current flows from negative to positive.
    Horses for courses.

Ben

whoops what have I started
    Bob

Quote Originally Posted by redpiperbob View Post
    whoops what have I started
    Bob

Nothing. David R wrote

"Makes no difference in the DC side of the circuit.

Regards,
    Dave Rigotti
    HobbyCNC.com"

So I guess I'll stay with that.

"Makes no difference in the DC side of the circuit.
    This is essentially correct I was merely posting for information purposes and was thinking AC circuits.

I am sorry for the confusion and will try to keep my fingers to myself!
    thanks
    Michael T.

Quote Originally Posted by miljnor View Post
    This is essentially correct I was merely posting for information purposes and was thinking AC circuits.

I am sorry for the confusion and will try to keep my fingers to myself!

No problem. I'd rather someone point out something that might be, than something that is overlooked.
    Badly phrased, but you get the idea.

Talking Woohooie

Hi all,

This is in the other thread (Linked in Post 234 above), but just in case anyone wants to know....

JOHNNY 5's BRAINS ARE ALIVE!!!

:banana: :banana: :banana:

http://video.google.com/videouploadf...c8327ea736d9a0
    Attached Files Attached Files

CONGRATULATIONS Diarmaid.

:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

Liam

AND THE CROWD GOES WILD!!!

We bow to you, Diarmaid.

A BIG YEEE-HAAAW TO DAVE AT HOBBYCNC, TOO!!!

:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:
    HayTay

Don't be the one that stands in the way of your success!

Thankyou And thanks again to everyone who offered help and encouragement with this. :cheers:

Diarmaid am suprised you had time to build the board considering the number of posts you have made since April(1,236!!!!!!!!). Maybe instead of Think Outside The Box we should call you Square Eyes.

Liam

Page 13 of 14 311121314