586,639 active members*
2,972 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CNC Electronics > Hobbycnc (Products) > MY HobbyCNCPro Package Step by Step
Page 14 of 14 4121314
    Quote Originally Posted by bigz1 View Post
    Diarmaid am suprised you had time to build the board considering the number of posts you have made since April(1,236!!!!!!!!). Maybe instead of Think Outside The Box we should call you Square Eyes.
    Liam
    lol...wow! I never counted. And believe it or not I have been working on other projects aswell! ........... addicted to the computer me thinks......you know us 'Gold Members' have a reputation and number of posts to keep up!! lol

diarmaid: Did you draw wiring diagram for Hobby controler.

There is a wiring diagram included with the HCNC instructions.

Quote Originally Posted by toneV8 View Post
    diarmaid: Did you draw wiring diagram for Hobby controler.
    This is copyrighted material and is the property of Hobbycnc.
    Exchange of copywritten material is against the forum rules of CncZone.
    You may have better luck contacting the manufacturer.
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy"
    -RedGreen show.

diarmaid said that he will draw his own wiring diagram for Hobby controler, how he connect controler, motors, limi/home switch. There is no nothing with copyrighted material and property of Hobbycnc.

Quote Originally Posted by toneV8 View Post
    diarmaid said that he will draw his own wiring diagram for Hobby controler, how he connect controler, motors, limi/home switch. There is no nothing with copyrighted material and property of Hobbycnc.
    I think he just meant this, which is in a previous post.

I think he hasn't connected up his limit switches yet since his machine wasn't built when he finished the control box, and he was waiting to get it done first.

Sorry I can't be of more help.

Heatsink Isolation

I have one of these stepper driver boards built.

My question is this:

When installing a heatsink (I have a nice aluminium finned job) do I need to electrically isolate the driver chips from each other?

Unless I take steps to electrically isolate them the cases of these devices will be connected. Is this a problem?

Regards
    Marty

In my case with my HCNC kit, I received one long piece of metal as my heatsink. I simply screwed this directly onto the back of all the chips with metal screws, so they are not isolated. I've had no problems. Just make sure the heatsink doesn't directly rest on the PCB itself or touch any of the leads coming out of the chips.

Please, does somebody have a diagram on de SLA7078M Motor driver for stepper motors?
    Thanks

Hobbycnc pro Auto zero help.

Hello,

Has anyone Hooked up a auto zero tool to the hobby cnc board?
    If so, Can you help me? I'm using mach3.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kasari View Post
    Hello,

Has anyone Hooked up a auto zero tool to the hobby cnc board?
    If so, Can you help me? I'm using mach3.
    It is connected to pin 15 and ground.

The rest of the info to get it to work you can find in the Mach3 Addons section here. My Ports and Pins set-up:
    Probe: Enabled V, port 1, pin 15, Active Low V, Emulated X.

Fatboy

No Isolation Needed

Quote Originally Posted by mravell View Post
    I have one of these stepper driver boards built.

My question is this:

When installing a heatsink (I have a nice aluminium finned job) do I need to electrically isolate the driver chips from each other?

Unless I take steps to electrically isolate them the cases of these devices will be connected. Is this a problem?

Regards
    Marty
    Marty, No you shouldn't have to isolate them. The contacting surface will either be non-conductive (doubtful), floating, or ground (most likely). This will be the same on the whole board, so as long as you don't accidentally attach / touch any power to the heatsinks, you will be fine.

- amishx64

Need a little help

I have the Hobby CNC 4Axis MS HCNC PRO board and using 23-305-DS8A stepper motors and a 30 volt power supply

Need to know how to figure the Vref settings, Just not savey enough to figure it out.

Also can not find the sheet that shows the jumper setting for the board, Is someone could tell me the information on them would be great.

Thanks
    Milton

Page 14 of 14 4121314