586,443 active members*
2,789 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

O mate M slow rapid rate

Our 1989 O mate M controller on a Bridgeport 412 milling center recently had a new board installed . Parameters were copied by hand and entered manually lacking a tape reader.
    This has been running fine for weeks but the X and Y axis rapid rate is stuck at 50 ipm. Z rapid is normal 500 ipm.X and Y feeds at fast (300 example) ipm when the G1 f300 is called out.
    We do have manuals that define parameter function, but I haven't been able to find my problem. The closest I can find for rapid rate is Parameter 533 value currently is 500 and 534 is 250. This is same as old values before the board change. It's strange how all three axis aren't tied to the same rapid rate
    I am assuming there is more to this that I am missing

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Do you have the parameter manual that is set up in sections? e.g. Parameters related to Feedrate etc?
    If you took the parameters from a hardcopy, it is possible it was changed in the control and no one changed the copy.
    It is going to be only the parameters that affect individual axis.
    For futere You should be able to upload and download through the RS232 port if you have one.
    Al.
    CNC, Mechatronics Integration and Custom Machine Design

“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”
    Albert E.

Thanks for fast response
    The parameter settings were copied down just before the board change.So previously working current values were used. The board was damaged by a power surge that took out the RS232 port and the connected pc. So we didnt have a backup current copy. I can see the need for one now !
    The parameter manual is fanuc maintenence manual with a 31 page parameter section with number by number explanation.
    I'm looking for relavent single axis settings but not having to much luck so far.

In addition to last post ... It's 91 pages not 31 and covers two controllers. A sectionalized parameter description would be invaluable at this point as is proving to be very dry reading. I'll spend some time locating an online pdf file.

I have the manuals in PDF, check 518~521 and 559 ~ 562 although the last ones are for jog FR.
    The handy manual to have is the Connection manual, they do not usually issue it with a machine. I also have in PDF.
    Al.

Albert E.

Thanks AL
    I'll check those parameter groupings for accurate entries.
    I also videotaped all the parameter pages and I'll need to double check with that video file as well.
    Hopefully that will resolve this issue. Otherwise I'll be back for the manuals later. I assume they are large files.
    Thanks again

They are just under 3MB each.
    Fanuc uses some odd descriptions, they have a ConnecTION manual for how to set Parameters and a ConnectING manual for physical wiring connection.
    Al.

Albert E.

HI, DO YOU HAVE THE PARAMETERS FOR 1990 O MATE M IN A BRIDGEPORT, IF YES, CAN YOU SELL TO ME,.

THANK YOU AND BEST REGARDS.