586,103 active members*
3,286 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

More PIC trouble

ok, after programming the pic am keen to get a motor turning, but its not happining.
    One thing I find strange is that if I meter pin 14 of the PIC am not reading any voltage?? but if I meter where the 5v comes into the board on the leg of the 10K resistor I get 5V but on the other side of the resistor towards the PIC I get 0v.
    I have metered from the PIN14 to the input pin and read 10k indicating continuity, so why no 5v reading?
    Also I scoped the pins 15&16 I dont see any wave forms from timing resonator, should I or would it be to fast for me to see?

Ok
    Found out I had 0v on the 5v line thinking that it was the enable line, (finding the documentation to be poor for setting up, or am dumb )

I have a pic of how i set it up now but I still have no actions with motor, i see a wave form on the pin15,16 and have 5v on 14. I have a motor attached but I can turn it no problem by hand.

On the enable pin want do I need? 0v or 5v

any help
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails picstep.JPG  

groung the enable pin to enable the drive. Pin 1 is pulled high to 5v by a 10K resistor. Jump it to ground will turn on the drive.

mmm tried that, am begining to wonder if I have blown the LMDs as I originally had the electro caps in the wrong way and caused a bang(chair)
    I metered the inputs to the LMDs and I think thats ok but no output found??

I at least expected the motor to hold even if the PIC wasnt doing its job?

The LMD18245 requires input on the control (M) pins to set the output current. The "M pins" on the LMD (4,6,7,8) should get clocking signals when the motor is moving.

Have you verified you are getting step signals on the input?

Smile

:banana: :banana: :banana:

Right all the jumping bananas might give the game away, I GOT it going and I was the banana dancing around, my wife thought I had given myself an electric shock lol.

As tfmacz sugguested I checked the LMD and no sign inputs so I began to wonder if the PIC was working, having a read through other posts I seen one the suggested the 5V supply the guy was using caused the PIC not to run.
    As the 5v I was using was a switch mode type I decided to connect up to one of my 4.8v RC battery packs and hook 12v battery to the motor input.
    I have switches hooked to enable/step/dir which I could switch 0v or 5v to the inputs.

On powering up I still had nothing but once I toggled the step pin it all came to life repeated toggles caused the motor to continue to turn and switch the DIR I could turn the opposite way and the enable would do as it should.
    I had both jumpers it with firmware V2 which looks like 1/16 stepping. Taking them out (powered off), appears to be the half stepping which would step forward 2 then back forward so I assume I may have a phase of the motor the wrong around. But not to worry I will get it sorted and get hooked up the a computer. Bad news is I start 12hr shifts for 4 days in morning so cnc work comes to a halt.

For now am more than happy:wee: