586,069 active members*
3,494 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Community Club House > Looking for a Stress Relieving & Machining company

Looking for a Stress Relieving & Machining company

Looking for a company in Western Canada who can do thermal stress relieving of a 12" x 12" x 120" weldment as well as machine, drill [and tap if possible] on 1 face of the 12" x 120" structure. I'd prefer a company who can do all of this in-house in 1 place and who has equipment to do this job in 1 setup [ not several mill setup's]

The milling would consist of 2 milled slots in a 3/8" face plate [ 3/16" deep x 0.915" wide x 120"] and drill [and tap if so equip'd] 100, 1/4" x 20 holes on the centerline of the machined slot [ 50 in each slot].

I'm not looking for a price at this point, I'm just looking for a company who has the capibility to do the job [harder to find than one would think]

Feel free to reply here or via PM.

Thanks!
    Jerry
    JerryFlyGuy
    The more I know... the more I realize I don't
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Hi Jerry,
    check out Ebco EBCO INDUSTRIES LTD. http://www.ebco.com/machine.html They are at 857851 Alderbridge Way, Richmond, British Columbia, Canada,
    V6X 2A4, Telephone: (604) 278-5578 Facsimile: (604) 278-72301
    They have horizontal floor mills capable of machining individual components as large as 14’ high by 36’ long in one set-up. They have similar heat treating facilities.
    They are just across the fraser river from YVR
    Tig

Hey Tig! Thanks much.. it's another place to check before I commit to whatever route I decide to take.

Jerry
    JerryFlyGuy
    The more I know... the more I realize I don't
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)