Login

Thread: free DNC

Page 1 of 2 12

free DNC

im looking for free dnc (freeware) if anyone can help that would be cool
    [email protected]

Ncnet Lite from Cadem
    www.integratedmechanical.ca

ncet lite from cadem they say its free but you can only download a 30 day trial

Ncnet Lite is 100% free.
    http://www.cadem.com/ncnet/freednc.htm
    You must have downloaded Ncnet 1

DNC free

Mike,
    forget about these "lite" Versions. CNCnet DNC allows an unlimited number of CNCs, has NO limited functions, Protocols like Heidenhain and Mazatrol are included.
    Best of all: Its FREEWARE
    Trial: http://sec.dnc.at?u=3071&u1=3775&f=CNCnet_DNC_en.msi
    Registered: http://www.wieland.us/cnc-erp/en/ind...artikel=678806

In case you didn't notice this thread was 3 years old - either you didn't exist then or your software didn't show up in any reference searches.

Also, I would be happy to give your Free software a try but your registration form will not accept my location information, I guess this leaves me high and dry.

Darebee,
    just tried without problems. I also had lot of registrations from US today. Take the trial link this directly leads to the installer file.

Sometimes I wonder how people in india develop software for cnc's, this has to be done at the cnc (We have plenty of them in our sauerkraut nation...)
    Martin

You can also try: http://cncnet-dnc.inventcom.qarchive.org/

OK - tried you again
    Useless
    1) Seems that Canadians can not register (probably postal code issue on the form)
    2) Only available COM port is 1! - not much good.
    3) You can't even close the program when done! Hit the "close program X" and get a "Level 0 privileged is required ......" error!

What a waste of my time

Darebee and CNCnet

Darebee,
    looks like you do not like to read online help:

1) To assign com ports to machine: Configuration -> Hardware -> Number Ports, restart software
    Configuration -> Hardware -> [Configuration]
    Assign COM ports to machines, done.

2) Close Software. This software is used by quite large companies. The operators are at the machine. They fetch their NC Files via remote commands.

Imagine: Someone switches off the software and the machine operators try and try...

You can change this behaviour via the security configuration!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails scarbee.jpg  

If I try to do anything at all - period
    I get
    "Level 0 privileged is required ......" error!
    Pretty hard to set up software that won't do anything but error.

Why don't you switch Level from restricted to privileged ?

Background: You have spend days setting up a "Fadal Vertical Machining Centre" control. Some worker plays around with the settings, all gone. Thats why there's Privileged !

Click the Dropdown box in the main window or Click on Levels Privileged. Please do not ask me why there are 2 possible methods to switch users: In some configurations you do not have a mouse (e.g. when using the software at an XP CNC)

Ca you tell me ur ZIP Code ?

CNCnet DNC: Switch to privileged

Configuration -> System -> Security -> type SUPERVISOR -> Set all commands to restricted
    no "Level X required" messages anymore.

Do also download and look at the setup and operators manual:
    http://cncnetdnc.wieland.us/

CNCnet

Hello
    Why is your software free? (no bull please)
    Oh and are the programmes simply saved into a regular Windows file (in a conventional format which can be used with Microsoft Word etc) which can be easily backed up. And also can they be called up with any other DNC software ?
    What's the catch???
    Thanks

CNCnet DNC

rogdog,
    it's quite simple: As you know there are tons of half done DNC programs on the market (Russia, India). Each company beats down the other with lower license fees $ 60, 50 40...

As it does not make ANY sense to compete with such so called "companies" we decided to give away a professional product for free. People who like the program are also interested in our services and other solutions - CNC <-> ERP syncronization, web based mounting and remote control of CNC storage, SAP integration of CNC's aso.

As the rough shop floor has other requirements than an office, it also makes no sense to sell the cheapest RS232-Ethernet converters or office WLAN solutions for CNCs. Anyone who does will bitterly regret...

Hope this helps (no bull),
    Martin
    http://cncnetdnc.wieland.us/

Questions: CNCnet DNC generates files out of the serial data chain. The files can be opened with any application that is able to handle textfiles (see SINUMERIK example NC13951.txt)
    Attached Files Attached Files

Hello Martin
    Thank you for your reply (very good English by the way).
    Sounds interesting. How about the way the programmes are stored? Are they stored as a regular windows folder so that they may be called up with my existing DNC programme?
    I'm thinking about if for some reason your programme failed or I lost the programme due to a computer crash etc I would be able to revert back to my existing programme until the problem is solved.

CNCnet DNC Folders

rogdog,
    NC files are stored in regular windows folders (see screenshot). They may also be stored in mapped network drives or removeable storage media such as USB memory. You can define up to 32 directory "Aliases" for every machine.

You can use CNCnet DNC with any other DNC Application alternately.
    Martin
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DNCFolders.jpg  

Thank you very much.
    I will give it a try
    Regards
    Roger

is this program something like cnccom ? can i use it to send mastercam files to my cnc ? might be a stupid question but i still new at all this

Hello
    I'm not sure. I just want it to send G code files from my computer to the machine. You'd better ask Inventcom.
    Does cnccom work ok for this?

Page 1 of 2 12