586,326 active members*
4,511 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

View Poll Results: How much do you make an hour (CNC only, no manual machinists)

Voters
995. You may not vote on this poll
  • up to $17

161 16.18%
  • $18

71 7.14%
  • $19

50 5.03%
  • $20

111 11.16%
  • $21

50 5.03%
  • $22 and over

552 55.48%
Page 8 of 16 678910
    Hi Biggs, so you're a miner too.

I spent 10 years on the CDM diamond mines in Oranjemund, South West Africa (Namibia), and that was an Anglo American mob, very humnatarian group as far as the work force were concerned.

You could always try the Lucky Country, we like people that are willing to give it a go.

Money's good too and so's the cost of living.

I like the bit about 'Ol Zuma and his bathing in, what was it, beetroot juice? LOL, one born every minute.

Remember the motto, "nil illegitemate carborundum".
    Keep safe.
    Ian.

as far as whose the blame for the economy. the fools raising taxes on business owners and running companies out of the country. the people that forced banks to do subprime lending (and now cash for clunkers) to people with bad credit. The people who went out and bought homes knowing they couldn't afford them, and the future people who will end up getting their cars repo'd for not being able to afford them. The illegals who aren't paying into the system but have managed to reap the full benefit. The unions that basically force the companies to pay top pay for minimum performance and then expect that company to compete in a global market. In defense of W he got hijacked by the liberal congress, don't give us what we want we won't fund the military bull****. drop 2/3 of these taxes and do away with the handouts, watch jobs be created, companies grow along with the economy, and lazy ******** will go get work when they get hungry enough. My responsibility is to my family, myself and what's best for my country not to the bums and freeloaders who think they deserve something for nothing. You think things are bad now, if this administration gets what it's asking for you better start learning chinese, arabic, spanish and russian.

nicely said bobo. The left has destroyed the greatest country and strongest economy in the world.

Was making $18/hr, now making $0/hr

thanks obama!

Talking $ 32,50

i live in norway

a small country in north europe

UH-OH!! SPAM ALERT!:boxing:

Quote Originally Posted by aaron p View Post

thanks obama!
    bummer!! sorry to here
    You must remember that 99% of my posts are Bullchit!

How much does an average machinist make

Hi,

I am considering buying the Buffalo WHR-G54S available on the DD-WRT shop. However, I couldnt find anywhere on the site information concerning the shipping costs. Does anyone know how much they charge for delivery to Portugal?

Also, I presume that the routers sold are new. Am I correct?

Thanks in advance
    Jean

Quote Originally Posted by Watchmaker View Post
    Hi,

I am considering buying the Buffalo WHR-G54S available on the DD-WRT shop. However, I couldnt find anywhere on the site information concerning the shipping costs. Does anyone know how much they charge for delivery to Portugal?

Also, I presume that the routers sold are new. Am I correct?

Thanks in advance
    Jean
    lol

(wrong) < this but x1000

Quote Originally Posted by dudesmpd View Post
    NAFTA was signed by U.S. President George H.W. Bush, Mexican President Salinas, and Canadian Prime Minister Brian Mulroney in 1992.you have zero facts right and a whacked agenda-typical right winger
    NAFTA was signed into law by Bill Clinton on 12/08/1993.

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1750332/posts

Quote Originally Posted by dudesmpd View Post
    NAFTA was signed by U.S. President George H.W. Bush, Mexican President Salinas, and Canadian Prime Minister Brian Mulroney in 1992.you have zero facts right and a whacked agenda-typical right winger
    LOL, Politics!!! The Countries are run by Corporations with Dollar Signs in their eyes and have been before Nixon.
    Toby D.
    "Imagination and Memory are but one thing, but for divers considerations have divers names"
    Schwarzwald

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

www.refractotech.com

Quote Originally Posted by Janos View Post
    That's what I'm doing!! I am getting tired of all the usual stuff that comes along with being an employee. I get paid less than 17/hr AND I do the repair on the aging CNC Lathes and mills. (Which means I do it for my salary only!! No extra bonus like a paultry $25/hr during my "service call") Hardinge techs. get $85 - $120 per hour plus drive time. Sounds like a fair shake to me.(nuts) The tech that came out last time was USELESS !! Luckly I had made some specialty tools ahead of time because he only had the basic set you would buy from Sears and nothing else. My shop is litteraly three doors away so I had all of my stuff to help bail him out with. He didn't even know how to use the surface grinder to adjust a bearing shim. Shameful!!

I too am aircraft cert. welder on 4130 moly, never needed to get aluminum cert. Of course that piece of paper and a buck will get you a cup of coffee at denny's. I once went to get a job and they said as if they were doing me a favor, "I'll give you $10 an hour." I've been pushing the blue light for going on 18 years and your gonna GIVE ME $10 an hour!:boxing:

Hope I don't sound bitter but every day I hear more things (jobs) being sent offshore, I am truly afraid for my kids sake. The country that our fathers worked and sweat for is being sold to the lowest bidder compliments of big biz. Ooops! I'm starting to ramble and rant. But the good ol USA is beginning to be the beautiful apple thats rotten on the inside
    And companies will keep sending it over seas as long as people try and rape other people for $50 to $150 an hour. Some times i want to scream at people "Hey, your not a Doctor with 12 years of collage and a million dollars in collage loans to pay back!!!". Ask me, that's robbery to charge someone $150 an hour to just machine some parts and boarders on being a scam artist IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by aaron p View Post

thanks obama!
    Working any where yet? I am in the Oil and Gas Industry, here in Houston also.

I got hired on a very high precision analytical instrumentation company here in Houston after being laid off from baker hughes. I make less money, and run MUCH more complex machines. Im looking for a new home. This +/-.0002-5 on a daily basis for $17/hr is a total joke. Im running a twin spindle Mori-Seiki NZ-2000 thats barely a year old.

ill work for 10 dollars an hour if someone will give me a flippin job..

I'm working in a machine shop for over 5 years now and started this new machine shop job as a temp and they paying me only $16 an hours . when they deiced hired me as a permit should i ask them for more cause it seem I do alot of more work than anyone in the shop

i used to work in the auto industry, and we got production charts at the end of the week with how many hours everyone turned...i was the only one that WASNT on a minimum 30 hour garuntee, and the lowest paid guy in the shop (like 14 bucks) and i ALWAYS turned more hours than anyone..so i waited till they fired two guys with garuntees that didnt do anything, and then told them now that they were saving 120k a year, id take a raise or they would be looking for a new tech...needless to say i got my raise....and it was a nice one.

Hi Room

If anybody can help me on business promotion I can wire some profit to him.
    It is safe because my company is a middle-big one and have advanced machines and skillful engineers.

My company is specialized in making all kinds of injection molds. all my factory modls 100% export globally. I am honored to introduce that we were boomed from a 20 workers shop till today over 300 workers and 40 sets advanced machines company. our customer covers several global leading companies.
    Our produces ranged electronics,stationary,toilets,kitchens,toy,wheels ,automobile,sellular phones etc.

I am sure we are able to assist your business greatly! not only mold quality (USA 101 class,Hasco or DME standard,high standard steels and machining technique),also good price and very prompt delivery (normally complex mold within 35 days, prototype molds in 15 days to sending samples.).

So,please take your initiative to send us drawing and enquiry, we can reaction to you rapidly.
    Let's take the 1st step begin a new future, now.

Best regards
    Harry Lee
    Tel:+86 769 8166 7742
    Fax:+86 769 8166 7741
    Cel:+86 136 8663 0553
    mail: [email protected]
    http://www.cy-mold.com/

Been doing this for 8 years now...

I've been in the same shop for 8 years, I'm the guy that they bring stuff to when the CAM guys can't do it on their software. all this and I'm still one of the lowest paid set-up programmers in the shop. there are operators that make more than me. (nuts)

makes more than they want to pay and less than he thinks he worth!

Gear
    Vortech router
    Software
    Vectric

Page 8 of 16 678910