586,103 active members*
3,902 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > Fanuc > TC-2 problems with the spindle not turning on.

Question TC-2 problems with the spindle not turning on.

I bought this TC-2, I been having some issue with it. It is an older controller I believe its a T2. at the time I didn't know someone change out the whole controller before I bought it. First I'm using a three phase converter, American rotary, its plenty big enough size for the lathe. When I start up the machine in the morning and when I try to turn on the spindle nothing happen, the chuck is closed. I can hear the relay clicking on and off when i try to turn on the spindle. I swap the replay with a different one and no luck. I do hear a different clicking noise randomly. I look in the back of the machine where I hear the clicking noises, and the Magnetic contractor rest button is going off like crazy. I ran a couple of programs the other day the spindle ran fine, but then today it started acting up again. Can it getting too much voltage? I'm been getting no alarms codes.

Any ideas will be appreciated
    Thanks

Re: TC-2 problems with the spindle not turning on.

Thats not a reset button on the contactor, thats the plastic indicator for the actual switching contacts. Check terminals 13/14 and 41/42 for the auxiliary contacts, those are there to let the control know the contactor has pulled in. Yes, this can all be a voltage problem as well. You didnt say what the actual voltage is to the machine, and leg to leg.

One leg is higher than the other two, I cant remember by how much. I also try swapping the poles around and seeing if that made any difference.

So the power before the machine measured at 117, 120, and 200. I'm going to call American Rotary and see if it can be adjusted.