586,117 active members*
3,606 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > BobCad-Cam > BobCAD v25 Web Page Error - What's the cause?
Page 2 of 2 12

BobCAD v25 Web Page Error Whats the cause

cool I added the file share extention for the bobcad files as well. This way we can share our mess ups for all to see Jim.

Re: BobCAD v25 Web Page Error Whats the cause

Quote Originally Posted by Gregory View Post
    cool I added the file share extention for the bobcad files as well. This way we can share our mess ups for all to see Jim.
    WHAT???

Quote Originally Posted by Gregory View Post

Great 1st Post

:banana::banana::banana:

You joined 8 years ago and you post this as your 1st post ?

Quote Originally Posted by WCIS View Post
    WHAT???
    LOL... This seems to be insinuating that he is the webmaster for the cnczone forum servers...... Not sure why he would put it that way if he is. I doubt he is though.....

WCIS,
    I had one last thought on the error. I got a look at the bobcad live client code to check my thoughts. Although I don't have a good xp box loaded to test it...There is SOME version testing going on, but it seems to only be related to the UI elements and not as an entry point for an entire re-direct.... (The suspect is the fusion code tags....)

So a final test from your end will be to see if the error persists when launching the code directly from IE.... Open ie and enter this url to see if the error is still generated:

http://bobcad.com/live/? &ver=25&build=996&lang=en
    If it is NOT generated, or if it IS generated, would then be info you could use the request BobCad to edit the bobcad live stuff to recognize that you are in that older system and to redirect you to one that doesn't produce the error...

We could probably edit a bunch of IE settings to eliminate it, but that would render your xp box vulnerable for other web related stuff, so don't really want to go there...

Probably best to just discard the error upon launch, now that you can at least work....

The other thing BobCad can look at, is if BobCad live is disabled at the UI, then it should not have any checking going on in the background at startup.

Anyway, that's the best I have with it...

The URL you suggested yields the following with no error:

Attachment 267944

I seriously doubt BobCAD will edit the source code for v25 and issue another build. Tends to knock dents into their revenue stream...

Thanks for all your help BurrMan. :cheers:

Quote Originally Posted by WCIS View Post
    The URL you suggested yields the following with no error:

Attachment 267944

I seriously doubt BobCAD will edit the source code for v25 and issue another build. Tends to knock dents into their revenue stream...

Thanks for all your help BurrMan. :cheers:
    That is one element from bobcad live. Maybe try your full url. You can get it from the registry or your error dialogue. (It will contain you other info)

Bobcad wont have to edit the v25 source. It would be edits on bobcad live web page.

If it brings up all the content, then the error isnt in the older xp. Its in the browser version checking code of the web page. When its comming from the embedded browser, you arent being redirected to the code that is compatable.

If it errors with the full url, then it "Is" the older browser... although the pulled down client code is indicating that ie6 should be handeled

Page 2 of 2 12