Hi,

I am modernizing an old Anorad XY servo positioning stage for a laser trimming system. The electronics control station is very primitive and late 70s or 80's technology. I worked on trying to get it up and running. The small CRT monitor doesn't work very well, parts don't work and it looks like it was built by an armature. I did get as far as moving one of the servos with the old work station but the whole system has issues. So I'm going to build a custom CNC/Mach3 box. I'm trying to locate new servo drives for these CMC MT2130-071BE PM Field servo motors. The positioning stage has linear encoders, but I suspect they don't work so I could switch to quadrature rotary encoders. I have only built stepper CNC systems before so this is my first servo system.

The only information about the motor that I could find is in here.
http://www.electromate.com/db_suppor...011Catalog.pdf

I was thinking about the Gecko G320X servo controller, but I'm not sure if it will work since this is a PM field servo motor which I think means its a permanent magnet motor...Please correct me if I'm wrong. Would this drive work with this motor? Does anyone have any other recommendations on drives? I have called Cleveland Motion Controls three times but I've only ever been able to just leave a message and someone will call me back but no one ever does...