One other question..

Laying out my supports for my MFD base.. is there a general rule for support per foot for MFD? I figure MFD over time will flex and distort in any case in unsupported locations either way but here is what I have:

Going to have 2 - 3/4" thick pieces of 4x8' MFD as a base..

Right now I have 5 pieces of 2" square tube (3/16 wall thickness I think) to go under it. Those will anchor on either end of the bar to the bars going the length of the mill.

So with 5 pieces in ladder rung formation.. I"m looking at 22" space between the 5 bars the length of 8 feet so 22" between the bars unsupported (I think I will weld in some uni strut between the bars though making more of a grid and to provide more support between the 22" span)

But wondering if I should decrease the space between to 1 foot or something (adding 3 more square bars) or something..

I think the 5 should be plenty to support the board but just wondering if there is a general rule with MFD and support..

Figure 5 bars parallel to eachother supported on either end with maybe 3 or 4 pieces of c channel unastrut welded perpendicular between them and call it good.

Course going with 5 bars because that is what I have on hand. And of course once the unastrut is welded between that would give good support I think..

Any thoughts..

Have to get more pics in my other thread http://www.cnczone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24582 if some one aproves this support (and I don't have to find more steel) I should have the table done soon..

Anywho..

b.